View Full Version : yoga

sarahsweets
03-13-13, 09:12 AM
I love yoga..my stupid gym turned into weight lifting central and did away with yoga classes and it was getting expensive. Can anyone recommend an affordable at home yoga video, or program, even an app?

stef
03-13-13, 09:38 AM
I had a free app that was very good
well I only did 2 sessions of course! because, I simply hate exercise altogether.
I can't remember the name (and then I lost it when my Ipad crashed)
anyway just type in "yoga" when you are in the apps section and you'll find something.
sorry for this only partially helpful information :)

MellyFishButt
03-13-13, 10:19 AM
I am of no help. Hate the stuff. All of the meditation stuff just leads me to cursing out the yogi in my head. Namaste this, mo fo!

Stumbler
02-11-14, 07:06 PM
Yoga. Bob Harper has a Yoga video that my wife swears by, also P90X and P90X3 have yoga sessions. That is if you want to spend the $$$.

agirlandherdogs
02-11-14, 07:26 PM
i do aerial yoga, google that ... it's so fun ... not that it's of any help to your question, I'm just a little crazy.

my friend that teaches hot yoga likes, on Facebook, Yoga Inspiration. http://yogapos.es/

think.pink
05-25-14, 06:25 PM
I have one called Daily Yoga; I got it from Google Play store. They have a bunch of free yoga sessions you can download and they don't have ads. They also have a subscription which if you get, you can get many more programs but there's a lot of people who just do the free ones. I'm not experienced in yoga at all, I was advised by my chiropractor to try it for back issues I have stemming from an auto accident, and I've done the same one program over and over again. Anyway, the subscription is $5 a month or $30 for a year if you wanted to do the more advanced ones. I'm considering it but I want to get the hang of the free classes first

phantasm
05-25-14, 07:06 PM
I LOVE yoga. I mainly get my yoga classes from cable channels. I have video On-Demand, and just go to a fitness channel and try all the yoga videos on there.

If you have a public library close by, I get videos from there to try out. My library has tons of newer DVDs. You can also go on the library website and put holds on videos, that may be in other locations around your city, and they should deliver the DVDs to your library, so you don't have to drive from library to library to find different ones. Try before you buy.

Flory
05-25-14, 07:25 PM
Have you tried amazon Sarah you can pick up that sorta thing really cheap especially if it's pre owned :)

mctavish23
05-25-14, 09:29 PM
Likes the raspberry greek style :rolleyes:

u r welcome :cool:

Ktown85
08-02-16, 09:44 AM
YouTube. Once you know a lot of the poses, you can find podcasts to listen to, or create your own routine! I have the benefit of my bff being a yoga instructor so I ask her for tips (like best poses for strengthening my flabby baby belly LOL) and she often will help me create a personalized routine.
I have a hard time with the 'mind' part, but I love the workout aspect of yoga. Gentle and intense at the same time.