View Full Version : Need to vent!!!!!

Soconfused27
03-14-13, 05:28 PM
Holy cow, I'm pretty mad at the moment. So I've had some issues for a while with health. I have no idea what's going on but I know it's something. After 5 years of it getting worst I am pretty much at my wits end. I've started moaning to other family members about it now since my poor husband must be sick to death of hearing about it. Well after today I got a nice reminder of why I feel like people are out to get me.

One family member thinks this is all in my head (like numerous doctors) and even though this person was pretending to believe me, they went ahead and contacted my mother about how they were concerned and thought I was depressed! Luckily my mother believes me and knows better, but still. Now I've got to give my husband a heads up in case said person contacts him... Or worse has already. I am also worrying about this person trying to have me admitted!!

I don't know why I bother really. I want to make it clear that I am in no way, shape or form depressed. I am happy but frustrated because of these issue. I just wanted to talk about things and maybe get some help brainstorming. Sorry for putting it on you guys, but I really needed to get it out there. I've got a whole lot of issues to worry about later

Soconfused27
03-14-13, 06:45 PM
How did the face with the sunglasses get on the side? Lol

Lunacie
03-14-13, 08:15 PM
I don't know anything about the health care system in Canada.
Would your husband have to give his permission?

What reason are you thinking this person would give for having
you committed to the mental hospital?

deadmau5
03-14-13, 09:03 PM
I've heard of people doing that in the UK. I think they call it getting someone "sectioned" over there

Soconfused27
03-14-13, 09:14 PM
I don't think they actually could. I'm pretty sure I would have to actually be evaluated and proven a threat to myself or others. It's just a concern I have. If they were to try it would stir up a lot of unnecessary crap. Like a possible evaluation or social services involvement. I have nothing to hide but I don't want that kind of attention and I'm sure my husband wouldn't like it either.

Me talking to others always seems to lead to this stuff. It's annoying because I feel like I have to watch my back and what I say all the time. I need someone to listen and believe me, not try and find reasons why the doctors are right and I am wrong... About my own body! I think this is more likely to make me depressed then anything else and also a little paranoid!

Soconfused27
03-14-13, 09:24 PM
I am thinking worst case scenario here and it probably won't happen but contacting my mother (who is in a different province) set off warning bells. It's very apparent that they don't believe a word I say and think I am trying to hide something. I'm not 100% sure why, maybe it's because I am seeing a psychiatrist. If you would like details I would more than gladly respond in a pm, but I don't feel comfortable posting everything for the public to read.

I asked about a certain health issue they have. And that lead me to complaining about numerous things and talking about how I'm sick of doctors telling me its all in my head. They asked a few questions and that was it. Then my mother contacts me telling me this person had contacted her! I think worst case scenario because I dealt with worst case scenario from said person in the past, things are much different now. I honestly thought I wouldn't have to deal with this stuff anymore. What happened to being able to talk to someone as a friend?

TheNarrator
03-15-13, 12:00 AM
Man, I thought I had problems ;)
I thought since you were so kind to respond to my vent I would do the same. I understand, Doctors are a pain in the ***. They usually don't know as much as the patient. On the other hand, and in no way am I saying this is the case, but I have on many occasion been convinced I had something really wrong with me and in some cases there was but it was a minor thing but apparently I have anxiety that I never realized which seemed to snowball on these minor things and literally make them worse! It was like I was sometimes acting like a hypochondriac but there was some minor underlying issue. But I am by no means a hypochondriac, I usually just blow off stuff or injuries.

Heck I waited 4 days to go to the doc for a broken hand that I knew was broken, but yet I went to the ER several times for other issues and wasted lots of money and it was nothing. On the other hand that really sux that everyone around you is not capable of being a confidant. Feel free to PM me if you want someone to talk to about it, although if it's a woman thing I can't help you there ;) Anyway, we are here for you. We won't try to have you committed I promise!! ;)

Lunacie
03-15-13, 09:13 AM
^ That's a good point about the anxiety I think.

Not knowing what is wrong makes the anxiety worse, no? It's different than
knowing your hand is broken, although I would have gone to the doctor for
that I did not go when I broke my toe.

Soconfused27
03-15-13, 02:36 PM
I so agree with the anxiety thing. I do have health anxiety and what's going on right now does intensify my anxiety for sure. I've always had anxiety (mainly just social). Unfortunantly the issues I've been dealing with for the last 5+ years has caused this health anxiety. I do feel like a hypochondriac at times for sure but I don't tend to think I have all kinds of diseases. While a lot of my symptoms are minor, when you add them to the bigger picture it just seems a bit much. I won't bore you with all my symptoms but a few that have developed over the last year are weight loss ( almost 15 lbs since Xmas! I cannot afford to lose anymore), hair loss (thinning on my head and my eyebrows), cystic acne on my back on arms (never had this before).

It's really hard convincing people things are wrong when there's an anxiety diagnosis. I'm just really frustrated is all. I deal with the anxiety, depression, all in your head crap from the doctors, I don't need it from family too.

I might have been going to an extreme but like I said I have had experiences in the past that have been pretty extreme. Anyways I'm really sorry for putting it on you guys. This just seems to be the first place I turn to get it off my chest per say

dresser
03-18-13, 11:11 AM
like the Narater said were here fo you, I was not diagnosed for ADD until I was 71yr old
do you think Im going to let them put a tag on me called Hypocondriace not on you life

that word was devised to cover their donkeys by shifting the view N makin ppl look wrong
there by keep their Infalability myth going. but with these computer we can finally get some re-ality presented N dont let them try that Old cop trick of "what have you got to
hide??" Its only there asumtion and since it is their assumtion and not a fact. tell um
to yodel