View Full Version : Vyvanse to Wellbutrin? Did it work for you?

mondayblues
03-14-13, 09:54 PM
I'm currently on 30mg Vyvanse and I'm taking 2mg of Abilify. My doctor believes the Vyvanse is making me more anxious/depressed. To be honest, I don't feel like that at all. I feel the opposite actually. I feel calmer, more in control and organized. But I do start tearing/crying whenever she mentions dropping Vyvanse.

I just feel like Vyvanse is the only medicine that has ever worked for me and managed my anxiety and my ADHD symptoms. I just fear that my doctor will take it away and my anxiety will return. Also, I don't think Vyvanse necessarily makes me more anxious, just more sensitive (Although I've always been pretty sensitive).

She wants to switch me to Wellbutrin, to help manage my ADHD symptoms and to help with anxiety. I'm kind of iffy on it. I've read a few positive comments on it, but my sister was on it for a while (for bipolar), but she said it was effecting her memory.

So my question is;
1) Did Wellbutrin work for you, and when does it take effect?

Nate W
03-15-13, 08:41 AM
I tried WB and was at 300 mg/day and it did absolutely nothing for my ADHD. It gave me a little more energy. I gave it about two month, more than enough time to be able to tell.

Vyvanse did and still does manage my ADHD. You can read the accounts in this subforum and they are not that big of a percentage when compared to all of the ADHD medications.

WB also gave me really bad insomnia and increased my chronic tinnitus.

If you can't convince your Dr. about your wish to stay on Vyvanse, you might have to find another Dr.

Or you could try the WB and then if you are not happy about the results, report that and see if he/she will put you back on Vyvanse.

--Nate

FogNoggin
03-15-13, 09:17 AM
Go ahead, try it, wellbutrin gives me NO side effects at all.
Although I don't know how it compares to stims as I have not had ritalin since I was a kid, I find wellbutrin beneficial.

Not everyone is the same, it could do jack squat for you, or it could be awesome, so far I find wellbutrin awesome.

But it's not perfect.

extra_solar
03-18-13, 12:03 PM
I've been prescribed abilify, and the abilify alone caused anxiety in me.

Have you considered that the abilify could be causing your anxiety?

kimical
03-25-13, 12:21 PM
Wellbutrin helped my depression but worsened my anxiety.

hollywood
03-25-13, 08:45 PM
How is prozac for you?