View Full Version : Lost Another Friend........

salleh
03-15-13, 09:02 AM
.....She went away yesterday ....about this time ....and she was exactly my age......a sudden heart attack ( aren't they all) and because her health was iffy at best....within just a few hours she was gone .....

....She had lots of friends all over the country, we are all a group who met through the first days of that wonerful blog "i can has cheezburger" ......in the comments of that blog, friends were met and made .....and cheezmeets and mini cheezmeets started and still continue .....

.....I have met a couple of dozen of them, and here where I stay with my friend .....well she heard my story on that blog and offered a helping hand, and 5 years later, I come every winter to stay with her .....and try to help her right back .....

.....I met SK 4 years ago when I went out to Illinois for one of those cheezmeets and to help another cheezfriend to move ....she and her DH took me on a tour of Springfield, to see the landmarks of Lincolns life .....his house there, and his tomb ...

...and we all liked the same kind of music ....and were hippies at the same time ....

....and then she had to stop writing a couple of years ago .....she spent those years caring for her grandchildren in not her town during the week, while her son worked and after years of dealing with a drug addict, thief and liar that was her DiL....who finally left,.....and then home to her DH on the weekends ......

....she gave the last 2 years of her life to those children, giving them love and stability for the first time in their short lives.....all the while missing her life with Mike....who was a prince through it all ....

....and now she is gone.....leaving a hole in all our lives, that gallant, brave and loving person, with a streak of silly craziness that popped up when you least expected it .....

......and we all in shock, but for me the numbness is wearing off, and today is worse than yesterday .....

....Life is just so dam*** unfair sometimes .....

.......This is for my friend.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU

Lunacie
03-15-13, 09:25 AM
(((Salleh)))

starry
03-15-13, 09:32 AM
My deepest condolences Salleh!

It leaves such an empty, big hole in our hearts when they're gone like this, all of a sudden.

What a lovely story about how you've met and how you've grown to be friends over the yrs.

Yea, that site was so fun when it was still new.
It's changed a lot since then.

Thinking of you through this difficult time. :grouphug:
Feel free to shoot me a message or more whenever you feel like sharing, venting, whatever you need. xx

VOltaire
03-15-13, 09:43 AM
My deepest condolences!

Fuzzy12
03-15-13, 09:45 AM
I'm so sorry!! (((((((((((((((((SALLEH))))))))))))))))))

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sandy4957
03-15-13, 09:47 AM
:(. Sorry, Salleh.

The other day, we accidentally forgot a cheeseburger on the countertop (cooked three and ate one each so one left over), and our new kitten (who is very agile and "forages" on the countertops all the time) ate most of it.

After that, of course, all I could think of when I looked at his face was, "I can has cheezburger?"

Hope that brings you a little smile, anyway...

mad83
03-15-13, 10:01 AM
*hugs* Life has decided to be tough on you right now. I can't imagine the pain going through you right now.

Rebelyell
03-15-13, 10:37 AM
:grouphug:

Joker_Girl
03-15-13, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry for your pain!!! (((((((((Hugs))))))))))
:(

Raye
03-15-13, 11:11 AM
so sorry :grouphug:

Amtram
03-15-13, 11:53 AM
Hugs to you, salleh.

keliza
03-15-13, 05:42 PM
Big hugs Salleh. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

anonymouslyadd
03-15-13, 05:45 PM
:grouphug:

Drewbacca
03-15-13, 11:29 PM
I can haz grief? Friends always live on through friends, this thread is just one example. Sorry for your loss.