View Full Version : High dose of L-Tyrosine gets rid of my ADD symptoms?

Amun90
03-17-13, 12:57 PM
I am really surprised by how effective it has been for me. I took about 5 grams of it spread throughout the day in 500 mg capsules and noticed it has roughly the same effect Dexedrine and Concerta give me (reduced appetite, improved working memory, less impulsive, and a generally 'calmer' mind).

So, does this mean I don't truly have ADD but was suffering from a nutrient deficiency? I wonder how others here respond to similar doses of L-Tyrosine without stimulants.

Twiggy
03-17-13, 01:15 PM
L-Tyrosine also improves Thyroid function. Maybe that was the case?

Amun90
03-17-13, 03:49 PM
Could be, I am going to have that checked soon. In any case, I am really happy to find out about this supplement. If the effects are long lasting I might as well drop the stimulants and simply use bulk L-Tyrosine.

windsoul
01-26-16, 12:20 PM
Could be, I am going to have that checked soon. In any case, I am really happy to find out about this supplement. If the effects are long lasting I might as well drop the stimulants and simply use bulk L-Tyrosine.

could you update on your progress with L-tyrosine?

q124107
04-04-16, 04:18 PM
I took am getting great results but at larger doses. I take 1000mg to get an effect out of it and than it wears off in about 4 hours. Any advice?

Drightwrong1
04-04-16, 08:10 PM
I'm also very keen to hear from people for whom Concerta worked, and then they tried to move to L-tyrosine or started using it in conjunction with Concerta.

TheGreatKing
04-04-16, 10:17 PM
Any insight or information would be much appreciate it on this topic.this is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Benefits: Improves mental function, enhances mood.
N-Acetyl L Tyrosine Dosage: Between 350-500mg/day.

What is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT)?

When it comes to this manufacturing of certain brain chemicals, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, also called L-Tyrosine or simply Tyrosine, is a helpful form of the amino acid L-Tyrosine. L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid, meaning the body is capable of producing it from other amino acids.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine benefits the body with a highly bioavailable form of L-Tyrosine.

Amino acids in general are very important for health and are acquired through food and sometimes supplementation, but what makes N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine special is that it can be used in the construction of the catecholamine dopamine.[1] Dopamine is then used to build another catecholamine neurotransmitter: norepinephrine.[2]

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Nootropic Benefits

Mood is a direct function of the brain, and to produce a positive mood the brain requires certain tools to reach that state of mind.

A major part of this brain function is centered on neurotransmitters that connect to different receptors in the brain. By linking up all of these different receptors with their corresponding neurotransmitters we can paint with a wide variety of shades.

Some nutrients are particularly helpful when it comes to making neurotransmitters.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Benefits and Uses

To make dopamine, the body uses L-Tyrosine.[1] N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine provides the body with a highly bioavailable form of L-Tyrosine. The enzyme Tyrosine Hydroxylase transforms plain Tyrosine into L-Dopa.[1]

Taken and altered via DOPA decarboxylase, L-Dopa transforms into dopamine, but the uses do not stop there. [1] L-Dopa can also convert into a myriad of different chemicals important to mental functioning.[1]

L-dopa is also converted to the neuronal pigment melanin.[1] The synthesis of melanin is considered a protective process because the synthesis itself forces the removal of quinones which can cause neurotoxicity.[3] Melanin continues to be a neuroprotective by chelating and accumulating metals, even mercury and lead.[3]

The dopamine that is not used creates norepinephrine in the brain through the dopamine β-hydroxylase enzyme.[2] Norepinephrine is critical in many mental states, and evidence is emerging that norepinephrine is important in how we form our memories.[2]

Since both dopamine and norepinephrine play essential roles in mood and overall mental health, healthy production of these two neurotransmitters is important.[4]

N-Acetyl Tyrosine Uses

Mood enhancement
Counteracting negative side effects of stimulants by lowering anxiety
Promoting healthy blood pressure during times of stress
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Dosage

The typical N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine dosage is one level 1/8 tsp. scoop (350mg) once daily. Keep your doctor informed before taking any kind of Tyrosine supplement. People on MAO inhibitors should not take N-acetyl-l-tyrosine.Acetyl L-
Tyrosine Benefits: Improves mental function, enhances mood.
N-Acetyl L Tyrosine Dosage: Between 350-500mg/day.

What is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT)?

When it comes to this manufacturing of certain brain chemicals, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, also called L-Tyrosine or simply Tyrosine, is a helpful form of the amino acid L-Tyrosine. L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid, meaning the body is capable of producing it from other amino acids.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine benefits the body with a highly bioavailable form of L-Tyrosine.

Amino acids in general are very important for health and are acquired through food and sometimes supplementation, but what makes N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine special is that it can be used in the construction of the catecholamine dopamine.[1] Dopamine is then used to build another catecholamine neurotransmitter: norepinephrine.[2]

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Nootropic Benefits

Mood is a direct function of the brain, and to produce a positive mood the brain requires certain tools to reach that state of mind.

A major part of this brain function is centered on neurotransmitters that connect to different receptors in the brain. By linking up all of these different receptors with their corresponding neurotransmitters we can paint with a wide variety of shades.

Some nutrients are particularly helpful when it comes to making neurotransmitters.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Benefits and Uses

To make dopamine, the body uses L-Tyrosine.[1] N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine provides the body with a highly bioavailable form of L-Tyrosine. The enzyme Tyrosine Hydroxylase transforms plain Tyrosine into L-Dopa.[1]

Taken and altered via DOPA decarboxylase, L-Dopa transforms into dopamine, but the uses do not stop there. [1] L-Dopa can also convert into a myriad of different chemicals important to mental functioning.[1]

L-dopa is also converted to the neuronal pigment melanin.[1] The synthesis of melanin is considered a protective process because the synthesis itself forces the removal of quinones which can cause neurotoxicity.[3] Melanin continues to be a neuroprotective by chelating and accumulating metals, even mercury and lead.[3]

The dopamine that is not used creates norepinephrine in the brain through the dopamine β-hydroxylase enzyme.[2] Norepinephrine is critical in many mental states, and evidence is emerging that norepinephrine is important in how we form our memories.[2]

Since both dopamine and norepinephrine play essential roles in mood and overall mental health, healthy production of these two neurotransmitters is important.[4]

N-Acetyl Tyrosine Uses

Mood enhancement
Counteracting negative side effects of stimulants by lowering anxiety
Promoting healthy blood pressure during times of stress
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Dosage

The typical N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine dosage is one level 1/8 tsp. scoop (350mg) once daily. Keep your doctor informed before taking any kind of Tyrosine supplement. People on MAO inhibitors should not take N-acetyl-l-tyrosine..