View Full Version : Started generic wellbutrin xl

extra_solar
03-18-13, 12:54 PM
I have recently started generic wellbutrin xl 150 mg.

So far so good.

I have noticed improvements in my attention span, my listening skills, reading, completing tasks, my hyperactivity, etc.

I feel like my life is improved! All in under three weeks.

Occasionally I feel a tiny bit of anxiety. However, I feel the anxiety is from being more aware of my surroundings, and it's new!

Also, I was able to quit smoking!

I have been on strattera and Concerta before but with a different overall combination of medicine so I didn't notice them working before. I am on a better combination of medicine now so I notice the wellbutrin working very clearly, and it really helps.

I am concerned about how wellbutrin lowers your seizure threshold, and was thinking about asking my doctor to prescribe adderall xl or vyvanse as an alternative.

Has anyone had wellbutrin work well and switched to adderall xl or vyvanse and had good results with their symptoms?

Ivy0202
04-08-13, 06:38 PM
I've been on buproprion for just over a month now. Week 1 I was taking 75mg 2X and had a TON of anxiety. I also had difficulty sleeping. It did, however, lift my depression that first week. Weeks 2 and 3 were up and down. The "honeymoon" phase was over and the depression returned though not as bad as before I started on it. We upped it to 150mg in the AM and 75mg in the afternoon. And now I'm up to 150mg 2X day.

Honestly, I love this med for depression but it has done very little to solve my ADD-type symptoms. I'm curious to see if this changes after 6-8 weeks of being on it. I suspect though that I might have to go back on Focalin or Dexedrine to really help those issues.

If anybody out there has had good experiences after being on Wellbutrin for 6-8 weeks, I'd love to hear them!!