View Full Version : Buspar dry mouth? and does it work?

oneup
03-20-13, 02:50 AM
I think I might want to try something for anxiety/ stress. I was thinking buspar...but does it cause dry mouth really? And does it work? I saw dry mouth listed as a side efect, but anxiety can cause dry mouth too. I tried to research on this site, but this drug doesnt seem very popular...can anyone share their experience? My anxiety is not severe but has been persistent, and I am stressed out so thats not helping. I know ssris work but it seems those all cause dry mouth too...and klonopin is maybe too strong.

Thanks in advance!

dvdnvwls
03-20-13, 03:19 AM
Pardon me for the potential thread derailment, but don't people ask doctors about this sort of thing instead of going medication shopping?

Raye
03-20-13, 08:49 AM
Buspar made me extremely tired.... dry mouth? no.

BellaVita
03-20-13, 10:16 AM
Buspar made me dizzy at times. I was on it for about 9 months, and it helped my anxiety but not enough. I do not believe it caused dry mouth from what I remember.
Now, I'm on Lexapro (10mg) and Clonazepam(Klonopin) 0.5mg up to two times daily..
I highly suggest the Lexapro, it has worked very well to knock out most of my anxiety and I do not feel I need a higher dose so that's always nice.