View Full Version : Google's Keep

GeordieDave
03-21-13, 09:20 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21876683

Came across this article on the BBC news website. Thought of you wonderful people and would like to share this.

:grouphug:

MellyFishButt
03-21-13, 10:43 AM
I use notes on my iPhone and I actually have one note at work but I never use it. /-:

mommaofmonkeys
04-05-13, 07:45 AM
I've been using Keep on my phone, especially when I am driving. I like that the microphone doesn't do a voice memo ( I hate listening to myself, and I'd forget to listen to it.)

It transcribes what I am saying and I have a widget so I can quickly see what notes Ive scribbled down for myself.

ChaoticSuccess
06-28-13, 07:48 AM
Sad it's not available on iOS (YET!).

I use a combination of "Reminders" (using Siri) and Evernote. In fact, Reminders is now the majority of my usage for Siri. For example, I had to change something on my website this morning, so yesterday, I just said "remind me to change the website when I get to work tomorrow morning." This morning, as I pulled into the parking lot, the reminder popped up and I left it there, so I wouldn't forget when I got inside.

I do think there are a couple of advantages with Google Keep, 1) Google has mastered the voice to text function. I always use the Google app on my phone when I need to search something on the web... it's never failed me. 2) Unlike Evernote, Keep will not only transcribe your voice memo, it will also keep the audio attached, so you can listen to it later.

Hope it comes to iOS soon. Thanks for the heads up.