View Full Version : My poor brain

Fuzzy12
03-21-13, 10:49 AM
It's frying. Constantly. I always feel as if it might explode any moment. Either explode or just collapse. Maybe it has done so already.

I wish I could take my brain out of my head and give it a tight hug. I want to comfort it, tuck it in and cover it with a warm, soft duvet and just let it rest for a while. I want to tell it that it's ok to stop thinking for a while, that we will be ok...

My poor, little brain. It needs some TLC. Or maybe it just need to shut up for a while.

(((Apologies for the completely senseless, brainless post :o)))

saturday
03-21-13, 10:57 AM
I feel like taking my brain out and kicking it in the butt.

Lunacie
03-21-13, 11:50 AM
It's not senseless at all, Fuzzy. I've been looking for the OFF switch for my
brain for years, especially when I want to go to sleep.

Fuzzy12
03-21-13, 01:03 PM
I feel like taking my brain out and kicking it in the butt.

Usually, I want to kick its butt too. Or bang it against the wall till it shuts up. That's something I fantasize a lot about.

Today, I'm not angry. Just sad somehow. For no reason whatsoever. Stupid mood swings. Stupid brain. But then even stupid things, like me, need some love and affection every once in a while..

saturday
03-21-13, 01:09 PM
You are not stupid. (hugs)

keliza
03-21-13, 01:14 PM
I get that feeling. You know your poor brain can't help it, and you just want to take it out of its misery for a little bit. I smiled at the image of taking your brain out, wrapping it up in a quilt, handing it a warm mug of tea and parking it on the couch to watch sitcom reruns all afternoon. :)

So maybe we can find ways to self-care that are kind of like doing that, in a way? Like, maybe YOU take an afternoon this weekend to wrap yourself up in a quilt, make tea, crash on the couch and watch your favorite old sitcoms for an afternoon. Give yourself a break from demands and stresses for a day. It won't make the moods disappear, but giving yourself some love is always a good idea, I think.

Fuzzy12
03-21-13, 01:22 PM
I get that feeling. You know your poor brain can't help it, and you just want to take it out of its misery for a little bit. I smiled at the image of taking your brain out, wrapping it up in a quilt, handing it a warm mug of tea and parking it on the couch to watch sitcom reruns all afternoon. :)

So maybe we can find ways to self-care that are kind of like doing that, in a way? Like, maybe YOU take an afternoon this weekend to wrap yourself up in a quilt, make tea, crash on the couch and watch your favorite old sitcoms for an afternoon. Give yourself a break from demands and stresses for a day. It won't make the moods disappear, but giving yourself some love is always a good idea, I think.

I tend to talk in terms of my brain and me but then I think that I am my brain. I wish I could give myself a break but my parents are here on a visit, my brother and family are coming this weekend (which is always stressful) and hubby has started complaining again that I don't care about or do anything but work.

Maybe I can take some time off with him. He sure needs it as well. We should be a bit more free in April.