View Full Version : Orange County CA -- I need help

gojira
03-21-13, 01:15 PM
Hello,

The entirety of my life I've had trouble paying attention to anything. When I was really young I exhibited many signs of hyperactivity and most of it was honestly stopped by my parents frequently hitting me for misbehaving. I stopped when I picked the pin striping of my parents car and couldn't sit right for about a week. This day (27 years of age, male) I still frantically pace while thinking, pick at things, fiddle with my fingers but mostly suffer from racing thoughts and an extremely hard time focusing on most anything. Sometimes I lose myself to thought within as little as 10 seconds or less..

I've seen a few doctors and they all turn me away telling me if I had ADD I'd be 'bouncing off the walls', I'm extremely frustrated to the point of tears.. I can't focus, I can't cultivate social relationships, I can't follow simple processes and instruction, I misinterpret things and forget little things (last dr visit for this I wrote a huge list of stuff in a note pad, then forgot it at home... This is an example of the little things I -always- do).

I've had trouble in school all my life, from Kindergarten through College (which I dropped out of twice). The main reason my doctors don't believe me is I'm fairly intelligent, I speak clearly and have no qualms throwing out large and esoteric words which I believe leads THEM to believe I have drug seeking behavior and am a liar.

It's gotten me so down that my doctor believed I suffered from depression, I was put on Zoloft and Prozak, both hindered me further and made me more reclusive and introverted..

I don't know what to do, I've seen so many doctors and none of them can help me.. I've been told I can't have ADD because I'm not jumping all over the room.

Please help me find a doctor, I have little money, can't keep jobs, no insurance, not in school and pretty much unable to function in society.. I live in my own head these days and I desperately need help focusing on reality.

gojira
03-22-13, 09:26 PM
Am I to understand there's no doctor in the orange county area?

I found one, Dr David E. Sosin, apparently a rockstar in the add field.. But extremely expensive. Initial visit is $400, after asking for a reduced fee..

dvdnvwls
03-22-13, 10:18 PM
I don't think there would be no doctors there. However, I think Orange County (and southern California in general) is not necessarily famous for having doctors who are not expensive, and maybe not famous as a place where someone without insurance can expect to get good treatment. I hope you find the right person.

gojira
03-27-13, 09:39 PM
Thanks, I believe my only option is Dr Sosin... I've seen general physicians before and some of them thought I was seeking drugs, one of them thought I wanted adderall for weight loss effects and the rest assumed I suffered from Anxiety and Depression (Which I believe I do, brought on by the fact that ADD is keeping me from achieving EVERYTHING I set out to do).

I can't concentrate in school, work, or in large groups. The only way to truly get my attention is a 2 person conversation in a quiet room..

You know how it feels as a man in his 20's to stare at a gorgeous woman who wants his attention, unable to say a word 'cause you don't know wtf she's saying or remember her name? Very bad. Very very bad.

I suppose i'll be paying out the butt for this Doctor ):

Hope
11-05-13, 06:51 PM
Did you find anyone in OC or did you end up seeing Dr. Sosin?