View Full Version : Magnet Therapy

slouchpotato
03-28-13, 07:28 PM
I've been using magnets, small discs, which fit nicely in the ear, has cleared an ear issue I had, the theory makes sense to me as they obviously repel/ cling to each other so there's not much debate there, but not getting anything else at the moment, probably doing it wrong

Apparently they can help with thyroid issues and other organs, and help speed recovery, including skin healing, well the theory says so.

Physios use similar techniques which obviously work, which I realy like.

Just wish it would kick the poor brain cell into doing some bloody work!

I stumbled across this by accident, makes a change for that to be a good thing!

silivrentoliel
03-28-13, 07:57 PM
I've heard of it before, but I'm one of the weird ones allergic to nickel which somehow oddly translates into being overly sensitive to magnets (don't ask me how).

proileri
03-29-13, 01:34 AM
I would be highly skeptical about anything to do with magnets. In general, their therapeutic effects are a bunch of hogwash and rely on placebo effect.

The only exception to that is trans-cranial magnetic stimulation, which uses high-power electromagnets to directly stimulate specific areas in the brain, and has had some success in treatment of depression. This, however, is nothing that you can accomplish without hospital equipment!

dvdnvwls
03-29-13, 02:01 AM
I've heard of it before, but I'm one of the weird ones allergic to nickel which somehow oddly translates into being overly sensitive to magnets (don't ask me how).

Most regular everyday magnets have a lot of nickel in them. No mystery there.

silivrentoliel
03-29-13, 03:46 PM
Most regular everyday magnets have a lot of nickel in them. No mystery there.

unaware of that. thanks

Twiggy
03-29-13, 05:56 PM
Lol, I remember a family friend was all about selling things with magnets in them in a pyramid scheme type company. They don't work at all. Total hogwash as the other poster put it.

dvdnvwls
03-29-13, 06:27 PM
They don't work at all.

Unless you want to stick yourself to the fridge. :)