View Full Version : Do Video Mashups count as visual arts?

SpaceBaby
03-31-13, 08:00 AM
lol, just something random I made :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_n-aiNw9k

dvdnvwls
03-31-13, 12:18 PM
They obviously count as visual, and they obviously count as art - do they count as your visual art, good question that could be debated all day - but for here, who cares I guess! Woo hoo! I'll come back and watch later.

SpaceBaby
03-31-13, 12:24 PM
LOL, now that I think of it, video isn't purely visual, there's usually a sound aspect to it too... I didn't think of that until now :lol:

BellaVita
03-31-13, 06:38 PM
You're good SpaceBaby. It counts. ;)
I think it's quite an interesting and intelligent way to share what it's like to be in the "ADHD" mind.

SpaceBaby
03-31-13, 08:46 PM
I've made a couple videos before to show what ADD is like, but I kept deleting my channel because I got bored, wanted a different username, and the videos weren't getting many views (although I didn't really give it much time anyway). Oh and also add how I also felt guilty about procrastinating on college stuff.

Now I'm deciding to just stick with it and not really worry about not getting many views right away. I think for now my target audience will just be other ADDers.
Also, about procrastination, I notice that I only spend 2/3 of my "free time" procrastinating and I have lots of time on my hands anyway, about 6 hours a day at least.
I think doing funny video mashups is my way of self-medicating because it can be very stimulating I suppose.

I thought I might fit in the "youtube poop" community, but they make videos that involve making video editing jokes in midst of a stream of footage from one main video source (while they might make references to other sources, the main video is from one source). However, I prefer mashing up videos from multiple sources in somewhat an incoherent way, which isn't quite what "youtube poopers" do. Although now that I know about "youtube poop" and some video editing techniques involved, I've incorporated some of them into my videos.

dvdnvwls
03-31-13, 10:30 PM
I have never thought of incorporating aspects of poop into anything I create. I guess I could always learn. :)

SpaceBaby
04-01-13, 09:29 AM
LOL, you do know what I mean by "youtube poop", right? It's a style of remixing a video :p