View Full Version : Is it working- and how do you know?

Kunga Dorji
03-31-13, 09:21 AM
An interesting question for us all:
Is your spirituality working for you- and how do you know that?

From my point of view, I have finally come to understand that there are some pretty clear markers of successful practice (if what I am doing makes me kinder and more inclusive of other people than I have been in the past [without being ridiculaously selfless/self effacing], and if that trend is continuing to progress, then I am on the right path.

The qualifier is important- as if I give too much and deplete myself- then everything comes crashing down.

I am Buddhist- and that can look complex- but the Dalai Lama says "My Religion Is Kindness" and once one unpackages the awareness of what kindness is (through kindness and attention to oneself) and a focus towards the other (so that one is attending closely enough to notice the result of one's attempts at kindness), then the rest is all footnotes.

So- my question is- what is your spiritual path- and how do you know it is producing worthwhile results?

someothertime
03-31-13, 09:31 AM
I feel "a disturbance in the force" when my chi is off balance.

When I feel good, it is sometimes an open, loving happiness, but I have a tendancy to turn those feelings into a more egotistical force which quickly turns sour.

So, I will he working on re-centering and keeping the ego humble. I am also curious to discern where the dividing line between spirituality and self expression lies.

stef
03-31-13, 12:02 PM
having once been a devout catholic, this time of year leaves me with a vague feeling of lingering guilt.
but generally i beleive we are all on some spiritual path and im just trying to be kind to others and find beauty in things, we dont know where our quest will lead us.