View Full Version : ashwagandha anybody?

Mountainman1126
04-04-13, 02:47 PM
Hi I just recently read about an interesting herb called ashwagandha, which is related to ginseng. Has anybody tried it for adhd? I was thinking about doing so but would appreciate any personal experiences.

namazu
04-04-13, 03:40 PM
I don't have any personal experience with it, so I can't be helpful on that front.

This Integrative Medicine site from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/ashwagandha) gives a good general overview of its uses, though, with a lot of references and some discussion of cautions. Could be a good resource.

It sounds like it's been investigated primarily for anti-anxiety properties, and I don't know what effects it might have (good, bad, or neutral) on ADHD.

Be sure to consult with your doctor before you try it, especially if you're taking any other supplements or medications, because they can interact in weird ways.

qanda
04-09-13, 11:35 AM
My daughter is on it right now. I chose it for anxiety although that is debatable (possible mood disorder). She is also hyper. Only been using one pill a day for about a month. Not sure of results yet but no negative side effects.

Zibbazabba
04-26-13, 01:36 AM
I am taking the 350mg Gaia Farms brand. Two times a day.

For me, its effects are clearly marked at night. Very calming, mellow feeling. It definitely helps ease out the comedown effects of stimulants.

During the day, when work is to be done, it's less noticeable. But, this may be due to my overall stress levels. YMMV; I'm definitely sticking with it however.

qanda
04-26-13, 04:41 PM
Daughter refuses to continue taking it. Says it taste bad (even though it's a pill).