View Full Version : Houston area ADD-F Get-2-Gethers

David
02-01-05, 03:59 AM
I was wondering if anyone around the Houston area is interested in having an ADDForums get-to-gether (GTG) sometimes in the near future? I have been out of the "local" ADD circles for some time (since youth), and seem to recall that there were some offered by official groups...
If there is enough interest, maybe we could put one together ourselves..?

Just a thought... What do you all think..

I am up by the Woodlands but traveling to any part of the Houston area is no problem at all. I suppose a centeral location would work best...

??
David

Garry
02-01-05, 06:18 AM
Being an Ontarioite I can't make it to your get together David , but I believe this is the next Logical step in the evelution of the ADDForums.........

Most of us wait untill there is a conference of some BIG NAME FANCY Doctor or whatever before we get together with anyother ADDers who we dont know.....

Regarding your proposed get together.......

If one person ie: you decided to go to Huston on a certain Saturday night, to have supper in a predetermined location and then go to an area where it would be posible to talk with ( WHO EVER ELSE ) decided to join you for dinner.........

If one person joined you .....................
Then your get to gether would be a 200 % sucsess as you had now gone from 1 ADDer to a group of 2...........

If 2 or maybe 4 other people were to join you then you now would know you have a 300 or a 500 % sucsess in the get together and also the people who join you would also have a XXX% sucsess rate...........

If there is nothing planned other than dinner and the rest of it is all (whatever happens , happens ) then it can not fail , as you have to eat anyway and if per chance no one shows up to meet you then it is there lose , not yours or would it be a failure as you would have a 100 % turn out (Your Self )

This is my 4:30 in the mornining Opinion and thoughts on the mastter and If I was a little closer to Huston ,

I would be the first to say , That I would be very excited about meeting you (or another ADDer who I have met here ) for dinner and see what happens after that.........

Garry

A long way from Huston but considering the same idea for up here in the near future....

( it would be nice if we could have a section in the Forums that is similar to the ( Meetup program that is available out there ) where we could send an e-mail to a specific section of the people in the Forums ..... In my case as an example.....to the people from London, Ontario and the 50 Mile radius suronding the city )

Let us know how your GTG progresses........