View Full Version : I feel terrible - and don't know why

Asylum
04-20-13, 02:26 AM
2 out of 3 days I've had a problem with these big cold spots moving around my body - it feels like chunks of ice inside me. (Yea I've posted this on another thread, but no-one's gives a crap.) I've tired hot drinks, going for a walk, exersize but it doesn't help. When I get this I also feel bad, tired, slow, unable to work on stuff I'm supposed to be doing etc. I tried googling about this but the only place I found people talking about this was on another CFS/Fybro site. Has anyone here experienced anything like this? I will make an appointment with someone on Monday, but until then I'm just feeling worried and scared about it. I'm supposed to working on a final edit of some writing but I just feel too bad. Yesterday i was fine, bouncing about in my volunteer job and doing well mentally, now I feel slow and stupid again. When i walk around my house, its like i'm walking in slow motion. :confused::( When i was walking my dog in the sun i could feel this big freezing feeling spread across my stomach and between my shoulder blades. It wierd.

someothertime
04-20-13, 02:43 AM
Sounds really unuasual, get to the doc... Until then, plenty of water and clothes!

The temps have been weird in syd, I think they've thrown a few people out in the last coupla weeks.

stef
04-20-13, 02:49 AM
i hope you feel better!
yes sorry i saw that you wrote that somewhere else but i misread it i thought you meant had a cold...

dvdnvwls
04-20-13, 03:04 AM
I think people care but most have no idea what this is. I certainly give much more than "a crap", but really have nothing helpful or useful to say. I do hope your Monday appointment brings a clear answer, or at least some kind of good result, and I'm thinking of you in my little way, for whatever it's worth.

Asylum
04-21-13, 02:02 AM
I spent most of the night awake, with a freezing body. I ended up putting on warm clothes to help me sleep but nothing I do will warm me up. I didn't go to my volunteer work this morning. I'm really frustrated because I'm working on the final edit of a novella that I was going to have out and for sale already. I can't work with this stupidhead feeling.

dvdnvwls
04-21-13, 02:36 AM
I have just read a claim that strange moving cold areas of the body can be an anxiety symptom. However I haven't seen any corroboration anywhere else, so I wonder if the idea is legitimate.

Asylum
04-21-13, 10:31 PM
Its not anxiety.

Unmanagable
04-22-13, 03:13 AM
I had a conversation with a woman of Chinese descent the other week about a procedure called "cupping". It looks weird as he!!, and painful, but supposedly isn't.

It was described as sort of a reverse deep tissue type of massage. The videos I saw showed the process leaving giant "hickeys" in the areas worked on. More info from one of the websites I read:

Fire-cupping leaves marks because the suction causes the capillaries (minute blood vessels) to burst under the skin, but unlike a bruise there’s been no blunt trauma done to the tissues or nerve endings.

The red discolouration caused by guāshā is also the result of blood from burst capillaries under the skin. In traditional Chinese medicine, moving the blood in this way can be a very good thing; hickeys are healthy.

Part of the idea behind treatments like fire-cuppping and guāshā is that there is a lining or layer in the body, which includes the connective tissues.

Qi (something like ‘vital energy,’ but not exactly), blood, and other important substances need to flow and circulate through this layer so that deeper parts of the body, like internal organs, are properly connected with the rest of the body.

Proper flow of these things allows the different parts of the body to live in proper relationship and balance with one another and for organs receive the nutrients they need and the immune system to be invigorated.

Health problems develop when blood becomes congested and stagnant in this layer because this hinders the circulation of qi, blood, and other fluids and nutrients, thereby preventing the different areas of the body from properly relating to one another. This throws the body out of balance and can result in a myriad of health problems.

Guāshā and fire-cupping pull this stagnant blood up closer to the surface, allowing qi, blood, fluids, and nutrients to begin circulating properly throughout the tissues and allowing the stagnant blood to be properly reabsorbed.
I recall a woman saying she used to suffer from severe cold hands, feet, etc. until she did the cupping, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

Hope you find some answers soon.

beepbeep
04-28-13, 11:19 AM
Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

Cold waves can be a symptom of hyperthyroid.

Asylum
04-28-13, 11:58 PM
Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

Cold waves can be a symptom of hyperthyroid.

I had a blood test, I'm waiting for the results.
The doc I saw had no idea what I was talking about. Complete blank face. He spent most of the appointment trying to change the subject. Instilled great confidence in me. :mad:

LynneC
04-29-13, 06:14 AM
There is a good forum/website on CFS called 'Phoenix Rising' ; great place to start if you suspect that you may have CFS.

There's an interesting subforum called 'Latest ME/CFS Research' which has some interesting articles...