View Full Version : Musings of an Old Hippie

salleh
04-20-13, 12:16 PM
....watching a show about hippies and the 60s, I remembered that I forgot some of the musicians I have seen .....people like ...Jimi Hendrix.......Janis Joplin ( some people used to say that I looked like her ....then I would kick them in the shins .....actually I did look a bit like her, but with better skin )

.....I saw Janis and Big Brother sharing the top billing with Country Joe and the Fish ....who was the opening act ? ....Led Zepplin ...heh.....

.....Jimi Hendrix I saw in Hawaii, about a month before he died,......playing on the slopes of Haliakala Crater....there were big banners showing the sun signs ....you were supposed to listen to the music with others of your own particular sign .....I didn't want to hang with other Cancers, mostly they were way too tame for me at that time of my life .....

.....Donovan went to see him at the Hollywood Bowl, dropped some acid back in Orange County where I lived at the time didn't come on to it til I stood up to leave .... .......Quicksilver Messenger Service....Iconic Haight Ashbury musicians.....Grateful Dead ......although I was not a deadhead, ......they were too prone to holding one note for 10, 15 minutes, and I would get bored......other people would be grooving to that one stupid note, and I'd be all ,.....go to the next note %%^&&%$$ it !!!!!!

....yah and I couldn't manage transcendental meditation either .......couldn't empty my mind .....gee, I wonder why that is ??????