View Full Version : Quick update on DS and School Avoidance

JenE
04-21-13, 11:13 AM
Hey guys! I took a little break because I figured you all were as tired of hearing me vent as I was of doing it.

DS went 1 day out of the last 2 wks. It's getting harder and harder to get him there. The loss of priviledges is making him VERY frustrated but not enough to get him into that classroom. He also missed out of Boy Scouts, a trip to Cherry Point Marine base with the Scouts and a model rocket launch because he's not going to school. Again, he's very frustrated about it all but still not going to school. And his frustration has me on my very last nerve with absolutely NO fuse left so it's been a really tough wk/wknd.

Psychologist appt on Monday as well as the Behavior Intervention Plan meeting with the school. Only word on the special ed eval is that they are working on it.

Still at a loss as to what else to do. Prayers is all we have at this point. Hopeful to get more direction and some progress from the psychologist tomorrow.

dvdnvwls
04-21-13, 11:53 AM
School 1 day out of 10, and no-fuse frustration for everyone - something's got to give here.

Frustrated people (your son especially, but also you) tend to get tunnel vision, only being able to see one resolution to their problem. Finding ways for both of you to "step outside the situation" and look at it differently, might help a lot.

ginniebean
04-21-13, 12:19 PM
I wish I had some good advice for you. Are you able to keep up with what they're learning at school?

I sincerely hope you and your son get the help they need.