View Full Version : My Dr wants to put me on Wellbutrin..

mistermcgoo
04-25-13, 12:23 AM
Hi all,

So I've been taking Adderall XR 20mg once daily for inattentive add for two weeks now. While I did noticed an improvement in focus and motivation, it really spiked my anxiety and a noticable increase in my depression (though I have to mention that my depression is self diagnosed and I've always felt I may have some form of borderline personality disorder). It's always worse when it's wearing off. I called my doctor an informed him of this and he suggested lowering my Adderall dose and possibly adding Wellbutrin to help with my mood. My question is would the WB be a bad idea considering it can be stimulating and might effect my anxiety? I've taken Lexapro in the past long before being diagnosed with ADD and it didn't work at all for me. I think if I could find the right anti-depressant/stim combo I would be set..

sarahsweets
04-25-13, 04:26 AM
for me, wellbutrin was to stimulating for me and caused a lot of agitation.

mistermcgoo
04-25-13, 08:01 AM
for me, wellbutrin was to stimulating for me and caused a lot of agitation.

That's what I'm afraid of, I definitely do not need anymore irritability or anxiety!

silivrentoliel
04-25-13, 08:30 AM
my doc just put me on wellbutrin... but i haven't taken my first dose yet... who knows, maybe it'll play nicely w/ your adderall and you won't have any weird issues?

Ivy0202
04-26-13, 01:22 AM
I'm just starting my sixth week on bupropion SR. I was bumped up to 300mg/day from 225mg/day a week ago.

When I first started it and with every dose adjustment, it made me more restless, especially in the mornings. Sometimes I'm a super-Miss-Grumpypants as well. Grrr. These and some other side effects I experienced (insomnia, tremor) pretty much subsided after the 1-1.5 weeks.

It has done wonders for my depression and I actually have less anxiety on it. I sleep better too (after the first week or so). I'm hoping the recent increase in dosage pans out for the ADDish symptoms I have. It takes a few weeks to really start working.

::keeping fingers crossed::

anonymouslyadd
04-26-13, 01:35 AM
I was prescribed Wellbutrin over a year ago, and it's made a huge impact on my life. Suffering from bouts of depression throughout my adult years, it's given me control over my negative thoughts. I also take Adderall 30mg XR and 10mg IR.

Wellbutrin hasn't given me any side effects.