View Full Version : L-Tyrosine dosage for adult female

my3sonshines
04-25-13, 12:59 PM
Hi there. I am currently taking 20 mg of Vyvanse with a booster of 5mg of Adderall at 1pm. Unfortuntately, I have built up an early tolerance. I bought a bottle of L-Tyrosine (1000 mg) yesterday. I am wondering what dosage (and how many times taken) have worked for most. I am a 120 lb. female. I am wondering if 1000 is too high a dose, and thinking I can use a pill cutter to split the dose. Thanks for any advice/input.

dvdnvwls
04-25-13, 11:00 PM
How long have you been taking Vyvanse? What has your doctor said about this "tolerance" problem?

Twiggy
04-25-13, 11:17 PM
I've read that you should only take Tyrosine on days that you don't take Adderall or Vyvance, or else you can get some very unpleasent side effects (Racing heart rate, Very high blood pressure, etc).
500mg of Tyrosine should be better to see how it'll affect you.

sarahsweets
04-26-13, 07:05 AM
are you sure its tolerance? If you dont feel the meds working it doesnt mean they arent working.

my3sonshines
04-26-13, 02:10 PM
I have been on Vyvanse since the end of November '12. I have tinkered with the dosage, but it seems that I need to stick to 20mg, or else I have some major jaw clenching/irritabilty (I also have to limit caffeine). That is helpful to know about not taking the Tyrosine and Vyvanse/Adderall booster on the same day. I thought that I had seen that some were using it in addition to, but maybe I am mistaken. Tomorrow, I will try the Tyrosine alone. Would you recommend 500mg once or twice daily for me? As far as the tolerance, my pdoc agreed that I was showing signs of building tolerance to the drug, and had suggested that I try non-stimulants. When I first started taking Vyvanse, I was extremely productive, and able to get everything done on my list in a orderly fashion. My hair stopped falling out so much. The first sign of tolerance, was my hair started falling out again (I believe from stress, since I felt like I was losing control again, becoming less focused and easily distracted). I do believe that the Vyvanse with Adderall booster is still working some, because as soon as I started taking it, my bulimia disappeared, and it has not since reappeared. That is why I am extremely hesitant to try a different kind of medication. I always thought that my struggles with bulimia were linked to my ADD, but felt that it was confirmed when the Vyvanse eliminated the urge/pattern. I would appreciate anyone's input on dosage/experiences with Tyrosine. I had a really good first experience with it yesterday. I did not experience the "crash" until bedtime, which usually comes much earlier in the day for me.