View Full Version : Buproprion SR as (almost) monotherapy for BP and ADD?

Ivy0202
04-25-13, 01:16 PM
Hi all,

I have BP I and some serious ADD-like symptoms (severe distractability, lack of focus and concentration, etc.) though no formal diagnosis of ADD (by my current pdoc, at least; my last pdoc said ADD-I, but I wanted a second opinion). I am currently on lithium (300mg 2X; mood stabilizer) and bupropion SR (150mg 2X; anti-depressant).

I was wondering if anyone has had success treating both bipolar depression and ADD with bupropion. I've read so many opinions and realize that what works for one person might not for another. I just wanted some fresh information/advice.

Just so you know, both the lithium and the bupropion were raised last week so I'm still adjusting to that. I'm looking to the future and wondering when to say when. I'm really hoping that the increased dose of bupropion alleviates the ADD. I feel like I'm stuck in the mud - my wheels are spinning but I'm not getting anywhere.

Thanks!

Idiota
06-10-13, 05:44 PM
i'm on a similar program with 600 mg trileptal 100 mg lamictal 300 mg bupropion sr. i don't feel any better in terms of add systems it's made my desire to smoke lessen, but i wasn't going for that. i've felt like a bit more focus but it's just focus rather than focus/stimulation so i ended up doing something passive for hours like reading/posting on this forum. i call it passive because it doesn't involve me practicing or doing anything really. this isn't a high intensity mental exercise.

Idiota
06-10-13, 05:45 PM
how did you get the focalin/