View Full Version : Availability of Focalin and other meds

Blanched Dubois
04-30-13, 02:36 PM
In Florida i'm learning pharms will not carry what I'm getting prescribed to try even with med files and Dr support - CVS wouldn't even say why he wouldn't or couldn't fill scripts.

Found one pharm who is going to call and find out if Focalin or Dexedrine IR or Spansules are also available for me to try with Dr script.

It's mind boggling and why I got off all meds. Forced to consider that natural alternatives, accupuncture, meditation, cranial sacral all did not do anything for the ADD i've been born with. I am getting tired of this.

If I remain off meds I am unable to go out. I can't take just one anxiety med as it messes with my ADD without the right med for that.

This is so hard when the illness and cure are both problems.

APSJ
04-30-13, 07:30 PM
Do you have insurance?

You could try calling them and explaining the issue, and asking them to direct you to a pharmacy that carries the medication that takes the insurance. Some insurance companies also have mail-order pharmacy arrangements.

It's odd that the pharmacy wouldn't order it, or tell you why they couldn't serve you. Did you try multiple pharmacies, or just the one?

Blanched Dubois
05-01-13, 07:17 AM
thanks

I'm going to wait for my pdoc appt at 11

sit here and hey maybe i'll start sucking my thumb

Blanched Dubois
05-01-13, 09:34 AM
Do you have insurance?

You could try calling them and explaining the issue, and asking them to direct you to a pharmacy that carries the medication that takes the insurance. Some insurance companies also have mail-order pharmacy arrangements.

It's odd that the pharmacy wouldn't order it, or tell you why they couldn't serve you. Did you try multiple pharmacies, or just the one?

yes my insurance will pay for it...cvs corporate just told me that they can't force their pharmacists to order it

meeting pdoc to discuss but ptsd is bad now ...and hard to think...exhausted from having to prove that my perm disability and med history which supports all this isn't enough for a pharmacist who doesn't care

called a different cvs and have to wait till 1pm to talk to pharmacist about this

it's a cluster*****

Amtram
05-01-13, 02:34 PM
Try different pharmacies. During the Adderall shortages, I had to call four different places - one chain didn't have it, but they were so nice that they made the rest of the calls for me, and told me where I could find it. Not everyone who works in pharmacies is nasty!

Blanched Dubois
05-01-13, 02:40 PM
Try different pharmacies. During the Adderall shortages, I had to call four different places - one chain didn't have it, but they were so nice that they made the rest of the calls for me, and told me where I could find it. Not everyone who works in pharmacies is nasty!

True. My ptsd got worse than my add, and while you're right - i did get scripts filled due to the one pharmacist who was human enough to do his job right - i was able to fill scripts with the least amount of added stress today.

Admittedly, i had to once again 'prove myself' and get in his face nicely...asking him to please listen...so they are out there if you ask for help.

I can't deal with driving without duress. The pharm, pdoc and you guys were how i made it. One crazy second at a time.