View Full Version : Pittsburgh - good doctors?

markus
02-06-05, 01:09 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a doctor in the Pittsburgh area to aid me with diagnosing and treating ADD (adult). I have read the other threads and done a bit of website reading (chadd, help4adhd, and others). So, now I have a list of doctors, but no real information about any of them other than names, addresses, and phone numbers.

Can anyone recommend a doctor or share any experiences with a physchiatrist or psychologist dealing with ADD?

I have had a few visits with a doctor, and he didn't seem interested in doing more than writing a prescription and getting me out of his office in 10 minutes. Then I'd receive a bill for a half hour visit at $110 or somesuch. I became discouraged with this and stopped attending.

Perhaps 2 years later, I'm tired of wasting time and waiting (for what?). If someone could recommend a doctor that they found useful, it might save me from repeating the above. I'd rather not choose one from random.

Thanks!

markus
02-06-05, 01:42 AM
Moderators, is it frowned upon here to cross post this subject to an area where it might receive more attention? These state by state areas seem pretty dead..

mrsvoorhees26
03-11-05, 09:02 PM
i was recently diagnosed at vista behavioral health associates. my psych doc is Dr. Harlen Handler, and my thearapist is Betsy Sinett-brush. they are both great in recognizing the diagnosis of AD/HD. if you want the number, email me...they are located in oakland on n. craig st.
heather

Andrew
03-11-05, 09:13 PM
Perhaps you could post their info here, so others could benefit as well?

mrsvoorhees26
03-14-05, 01:36 AM
The Number for my therapist/psych doc is 412-621-3777. they are vista behavioral health.
-heather