View Full Version : Focalin xr making me angry

Blanched Dubois
05-01-13, 06:01 PM
no relief for add symptoms, just ******* me off

20mg in am - 20 pm ....just more anger feelings worsening thinking foggy, no motivation to do anything....and kid abusing me for it

back to pdoc tomorrow

disappointed

Blanched Dubois
05-01-13, 06:31 PM
will anything flush this out of my system ? this is as bad as not having anything only worse

ana futura
05-04-13, 05:44 PM
That's a lot of focalin to start on, is it your first med? It sounds to me like your dose is too high. Focalin is supposed to be twice as potent as ritalin, but in my experience it's closer to 3 times as strong.

Focalin also made me very irritable when I started (on 5 mg IR doses) I had to lower my dose to 2.5 mg IR until I got used to it.

I've been on it for months, I still never take more than 15 mgs a day.

There's an adjustment period for sure, but once you get it figured out it's a great med. Finding the right dosage takes a lot of work though.

Blanched Dubois
05-04-13, 07:07 PM
You're right. This seems par for the course.

Maybe they'll pay attention to a timeline of events coinciding with medical/police reports substantiating my claims.?

I've got to seek an advocate from a couple different sources.

Blanched Dubois
05-04-13, 07:09 PM
That's a lot of focalin to start on, is it your first med? It sounds to me like your dose is too high. Focalin is supposed to be twice as potent as ritalin, but in my experience it's closer to 3 times as strong.

Focalin also made me very irritable when I started (on 5 mg IR doses) I had to lower my dose to 2.5 mg IR until I got used to it.

I've been on it for months, I still never take more than 15 mgs a day.

There's an adjustment period for sure, but once you get it figured out it's a great med. Finding the right dosage takes a lot of work though.

oops i meant to say - yes and i'm going to bring this up to the pdoc - we will get this right.
thanks