View Full Version : I found the perfect wedding gift!

ginniebean
05-02-13, 01:31 PM
My son eloped last december 26th, I have scoured the internet looking for good ideas for a wedding gift for the two of them. Last night I found it! I texted him this morning to ask if he thought it would be a good gift for them. He already knew about it and wanted one!! :)

Take a peek at my present for my geek and his geekette daughter inlaw.

http://www.nerdbloggers.com/nerdbloggers/2012/5/6/my-experience-with-geek-chic-part-2.html#comments

It takes 6-14 months to have it made but he's more than willing to wait.

peripatetic
05-02-13, 01:43 PM
that's pretty damned cool, bean.

ginniebean
05-02-13, 01:46 PM
I know!!! I think I totally outdone myself :) He'll love this the rest of his life!!!

I bet I get a best mom in the whole world hug!

Bazinga
05-02-13, 02:05 PM
I'm no gamer of this nature, but wow...I'm impressed...those are amazing tables!!!

Good job!!

Lunacie
05-02-13, 04:24 PM
Well, if you can't build your own - this one looks very nice, and pretty too.

My friend built one that big when he moved into his new house. We spent
a lot of evenings around that table gaming before he and his wife split up.

What a nice mama - and mommy-in-law - you are!

salleh
05-02-13, 04:30 PM
awwww GB .....you ARE the best mom in the world .....( though there are some pretty good moms around here eh ? ....)

....that's quite a piece of furniture ! ....and it does look like it will stand up to time.....good going !

silivrentoliel
05-02-13, 04:35 PM
what an awesome idea!!! i'm not even your kid and i'd totally give you the best-mom-in-the-world hug for even THINKING of something so cool ^_^

Fuzzy12
05-03-13, 04:11 AM
It looks so, so beautiful!! Really sleek and elegant. I'm not exactly sure what it's for? Playing games? Any particular kind of games? Still, I'd want it anyway. What an awesome find!!!

sarahsweets
05-03-13, 05:11 AM
Ya know why you found the perfect gift? BECAUSE YOU F**KING ROCK YO!

Raye
05-03-13, 07:54 AM
awesome!! :D

ginniebean
05-03-13, 10:37 AM
It looks so, so beautiful!! Really sleek and elegant. I'm not exactly sure what it's for? Playing games? Any particular kind of games? Still, I'd want it anyway. What an awesome find!!!

My son is a table top gamer, I think that's the new way to say Dungeons and Dragon's games. There's so many other games now tho.

The great thing about this is it's like a nerd dream, and turns back into a beautiful table while the game is still underneath so they don't have to move the game when it's time to eat.

He's into this hard core and has been since he was little. It's set up for online gaming as well, and just about any game you'd want to play.

I like the fact that it is heirloom quality as well because I wanted to give them something they'd just treasure so double bonus! :)

I can also add a chair here and there for Christmas, birthday and now anniversary! Which now are all within two weeks of each other. :rolleyes:

TygerSan
05-03-13, 11:16 AM
Wow! I would *love* to have a table like this. . . anything to help organize, too!

We have way too many games and not enough time to play.