View Full Version : Best iPad organizer app

WheredIputit
05-04-13, 12:34 PM
Hi,
I have recently been diagnosed with ADD and am looking for an iPad organizer app that I can use to help. I really need this to help at work and save my job! One of the most important things is the ability to carry over tasks from one day to the next. There are so many apps available that it's hard to know a good one from those that aren't so useful. Any iPad users have any ideas on which ones are useful?

Thanks!

Teuorr
05-07-13, 10:52 AM
For general work stuff if you have outlook I can give you some tips on using it to your advantage. I'd especially recommennd reading the book "Getting things done" by David Allen.

There is a great Ipad app I've been using lately to reduce procrastination, its called 30/30. It allows you to set countdowns for work, break etc. For example, I have set it for work-30 min, break 5- min. I don't let myself look at forums, etc. during the 30, and force myself to work straight. I've been finding it very helpful!

dvdnvwls
05-07-13, 12:37 PM
I'm not an iPad user, but I have seen "Things" recommended, and it looks nice to me.

However, especially for an ADHDer, it's easy to get caught up in building and tweaking a nice system and forgetting to actually use it. Before you begin looking, make a list of what you need your organizer app to do. Don't start using an app because it looks nice or because it's well-made - use what is really going to do the job for you.

"Getting Things Done" is a great system but again it accidentally encourages system-tinkering. That's not Mr. Allen's fault, but that's what happens. Whatever system you use, it has to be solid enough and simple enough that it works for you, instead of you working for it. :)

Teuorr
05-08-13, 10:50 AM
"Getting Things Done" is a great system but again it accidentally encourages system-tinkering. That's not Mr. Allen's fault, but that's what happens. Whatever system you use, it has to be solid enough and simple enough that it works for you, instead of you working for it. :)

I certainly did spend some time system tinkering - actually I spent a number of hours and experimenting adapting his principles to my practice. But the end result I think is very functional and I haven't tinkered with the system at all since I got it down pat. It has revolutionized how I work and made me more on the ball. Even when I get behind I get caught up much more quickly!

Maybe I'll start a thread on it. I blogged about it as well.