View Full Version : How do you manage fibro and adhd

tudorose
05-06-13, 12:31 AM
So I've recently been fx with fibromyalgia and am wondering how do you manage it when you also have adhd. I find the hyperactive impulsive getting in the way of me being able to pace myself. I feel better so I forget that I need to put limits on so then I go and overdo it and get sore or use up my days supply of energy on something stupid and impulsive and end up exhausted.

On the weekend I did some manual labor and it was nice to feel pain coz I had done something rather than the usual pain just for the sake of pain. I'm guessing this prob isn't the best way to manage it.

Is there any way to do this and have a normal life without feeling like you've been run over by a truck?

Lee Owls
05-07-13, 01:48 PM
I tried Savella and Lyrica with no luck. I also tried Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, and Effexor - same results, nothing.

The most effective medication for me for Fibromyalgia has been eating a clean, alkalizing, vegan diet, and making sure to lightly move for at least 20 minutes each day (just a brisk walk is fine). I also get massages when the pain becomes bad. Make sure you are sleeping soundly too.

With Fibromyalgia, unfortunately, I did have to sacrifice certain goals and hopes to cut back on the intensity of my life. Once I got over the initial loss, I was much happier having a smaller and more manageable schedule.

I am now, however, opting to treat the A.D.D. with medication.

tudorose
05-08-13, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the advice. I gather that acceptance is a big part of it. I just wanted to feel normal again so badly (well normal for me anyway).

I've found now that I know what I'm dealing with I've been taking my ADHD meds more regularly rather than skipping doses all the time. I can manage stress better when I can make sense of things and I can make sense of things better with the meds.

I can't see me pushing my fully loaded mountain bike up a steep hill again but maybe I can ride on the easy tracks. I guess life will just be different.

Delboy31
07-08-13, 03:25 AM
I know how you feel. Was diagnosed with Fibro two years ago. It has gotten progressively worse, in part thanks to major stressors. When I feel better I may go to the gym to increase balance, strength, and being OCD, ADHD, and Unipolar, I get lost in what I'm doing and over do it.

Just thought I'd let you know, I get it:)