View Full Version : Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which are you?

josh989
05-06-13, 10:50 PM
I'm curious to see if there's a trend between MBTI type, ADHD, or any other disorder. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, the MBTI assessment is a questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. It's the most widely used and accepted personality test to date. There are 16 types in total. I would've made a poll but it only supports up to 15 options.

If you don't know your type feel free to google "myers briggs test" and complete one of the questionnaires. I'd like to post a link to a test, but I'm not sure if it's against the rules.

So, post a reply to this threat stating your age, gender, myer's-briggs type, and any sort of disorder you have (ADHD, depression, anxiety, OCD, etc.)

Me: 22 year old male, INTP, ADD with history of depression/anxiety

ginniebean
05-06-13, 11:18 PM
There was another topic on this, you might find it interesting

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78466&highlight=meyers+briggs

Intp here

atSWIMtooboreds
05-07-13, 12:25 AM
INTP as well; male, mid-20s, ADHD and a history of depression.

I'm not sure MBTI really fits in the "Scientific" area of the site, though.

Fraser_0762
05-07-13, 12:35 AM
ISTP
Introvert(33%) Sensing(62%) Thinking(1%) Perceiving(56)%

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

Not really sure what that all means to be honest.

dvdnvwls
05-07-13, 02:27 AM
Male, 43, INFP with ADHD.

I'll be very surprised if there are a lot of J's here. :) I think the real trend here is XXXP, where the X's might be either choice but the P is pretty much a given. If I remember correctly, in the other thread there were a lot of INFPs and a lot of ENFPs.

atSWIMtooboreds
05-07-13, 02:36 AM
Male, 43, INFP with ADHD.

I'll be very surprised if there are a lot of J's here. :) I think the real trend here is XXXP, where the X's might be either choice but the P is pretty much a given. If I remember correctly, in the other thread there were a lot of INFPs and a lot of ENFPs.

This is exactly what I expect with ADHDers as well.

Bazinga
05-07-13, 10:41 AM
30 Male ISFJ ADHD-C

Introversion: 60%
Sensing: 70%
Feeling: 70%
Judging: 55%

I've tested myself numerous times via different sites over the last few months and all produce similar results, except for one in which I tested as "too close to call" in the Feeling/Thinking (ISFJ vs ISTJ) area. I identify more closely with the ISFJ and have never tested as an ISTJ definitively.

I suspect other disorders exist, mainly OCD, but have not received a diagnosis at this time.

Fraser_0762
05-07-13, 10:46 AM
I would suggest posting the percentage data as well, for more accurate data purposes. :)

dvdnvwls
05-07-13, 01:26 PM
I can't remember mine. Except that my I/E was very close to the centre line.

Tiger_Lily
05-07-13, 01:38 PM
I did the clinical test (not through the internet) I wonder if I still have my result somewhere. I am IN very strongly, at the border between F/T and J.

salleh
05-07-13, 02:24 PM
either infp or enfp, depending on my mood, sometimes I feel like I want to be around people, and I did spend much of it in my earlier years as a social butterfly.....but more and more I have become infp .....

liking people get harder as I get older .....

FriendofChaos
05-07-13, 02:39 PM
47, male, INTP, ADD. I have thought about the same thing. It would seem to me that more P's are ADD. That makes me think that ADD/ADHD is just part of your personality...of course that would put me in denial. I'm not an Einstein, but supposedly he would have been (or was) and INTP.

josh989
05-07-13, 05:38 PM
Glad to see so many people posting. There seems to be a trend with introverts, I thought most ADHDers would be extroverted. Lots of INTP too, I'm in good company :) I remember my first semester in college our psychology professor made us do the MBTI and close to 80% of the class scored INTP. We were all computer science students so I guess it was to be expected :P

I would suggest posting the percentage data as well, for more accurate data purposes. :)

Good idea!

tudorose
05-08-13, 04:38 AM
ENTP. First took the test in 1984 when I was 9. Still the same person now.

damnthedoodle
06-09-13, 04:11 PM
27, Male, ENFP, ADHD + Depression

Extravert(78%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(38%) Perceiving(67)%

Abi
06-09-13, 04:23 PM
This has been done MANY times before.

We have established that the overwhelming majority of ADHDers are xNxP,

ie. one of INTP, ENTP, INFP, ENFP

31, Male, INTP, Bipolar-2 + GAD + Insomnia

sarek
06-09-13, 04:28 PM
Yes, these thread do keep popping up once every three months on average. But I will answer anyway.

I am male, 49, INFP, ADD inattentive. also an enneagram 54x (likely 541)

MonaLisaSimpson
06-09-13, 05:20 PM
I am ENFP except once when I took it right after I left an abusive marriage then I was INFP. Interestingly my best friend who shares the same birthday as I do is ISTJ. (So much for accuracy in horoscopes)She is as organized as I am disorganized, as completion focused as I am the queen of incomplete, and yet very shy and indecisive, where no am outgoing and impulsive. We balance each other.

Piper30
06-09-13, 06:05 PM
I am

Female, 32 years of age, have ADD, PTSD, and according to this nifty test thingie I am ISFJ

Strikkulf
06-10-13, 01:32 AM
Enfp

:)

amberwillow
06-10-13, 03:44 AM
ENFP with a huge N ;)

Drewbacca
06-11-13, 02:07 AM
Honestly, the more I study this question the more I believe that extroverted/introverted is a false-dichotomy. I haven't made such a strong stance regarding the other variables (yet).

But for fun... ENTP

by_design
06-11-13, 01:16 PM
I spend about 40% of my time as an INTP, about 40% of my time as an INFP, the other 20 % is mostly characterized by S and I with alternating minimal levels of T,F,J or P.