View Full Version : Another boring weekend in the house

Fraser_0762
05-10-13, 09:01 PM
Seems to be the way of it for me these days.

My so called best friend has abandoned me, ever since she got back together with her partner (who never seems to like me very much). This was over a year ago and I haven't seen her or heard from her since. I've tried to get in touch with her, but she never answers any of the phone calls or text messages.

I've been trying to make an effort to go out and meet new people, but my lack of social abilities only seems to land me in trouble with people.

I feel like anybody I try to be friends with, ends up hating me very quickly. So I can only assume that I'm doing something wrong, although I never know or understand what.

I don't talk much when I go out. It's not that I don't want to talk to people, it's just that I'm completely incapable of maintaining an interesting conversation. Nobody makes an effort to maintain a conversation with me either, after all, who wants to talk to the guy who's standing at the back of the bar all alone? :(

Flia
05-11-13, 02:11 AM
How about trying to find an ASD association.
I did, and found people I could hang out with.

Fraser_0762
05-11-13, 02:18 AM
There's nothing like that here. Not for adults anyway.

Darksanity
05-16-13, 12:32 AM
Does alcohol help you with social skills? Alcohol personally gets me from this anxious timid guy easily annoyed by people to this charismatic social butterfly lol. But I don't have ASD as far as I know.

Fraser_0762
05-16-13, 02:01 AM
Does alcohol help you with social skills? Alcohol personally gets me from this anxious timid guy easily annoyed by people to this charismatic social butterfly lol. But I don't have ASD as far as I know.

I hate alcohol.

It makes me feel both mentally and physically ill, very quickly.

And instead of making me more social, it just makes me more introverted and aggressive.