View Full Version : Lyme disease aka Chronic Tickborne Disease and the battle in the medical community

Blanched Dubois
05-11-13, 08:36 AM
I'm going to share a story that's part of my story. For me this journey started in the mountains of California. Deep in the most lovely forest of ancient one-leggeds and halfway between Los Gatos, CA. and Santa Cruz. It was 1987. I was engaged to be married. My first 4 legged family ( Sampson the American Eskimo Wonderdog Rescue - 7 yrs old at this time) and I used to do much hiking.

One day I noted a tick had dug itself into his head. I took him to a Vet immediately. They removed it and confirmed it was a 'Lyme Tick'. They offered my beloved best friend no treatment and at that time I guess they didn't know to tell me to go seek medical attention. My precious Sampson began to suffer seizures, trembling, arthritis and he eventually went blind. He died in 1994. It to this day leaves me speechless again due to the ignorance, lack of care and more proof of a vastly flawed medical system treating symptoms. I give you this link to how I discovered why my diagnoses of CFS, Fibromyalgia, and other viruses are related - in my case. I am in now way advising anyone suffering from the above illness' invalidation. I AM doing this for me and for Sampson. If this helps anyone else begin their own quest to healing and gets them to the 'right' medical care I'll be grateful.

http://www.wildcondor.com/lyme.html

dogluver358
05-11-13, 11:41 AM
Thanks for posting. I don't have time to read the link right now, but I definitely will. Someone once suggested to me that I get tested for Lyme Disease using the Western Blot Test because I have dogs and was diagnosed with Fibro last year after routine blood work. I think my GP tested me for lyme, but not using the most sensitive of the tests.

Blanched Dubois
05-11-13, 12:11 PM
Finding a good LLMD is key. I'm grateful to this forum of people who have helped me get to this point.

Keep sharing, please.

Thanks, with respect.