View Full Version : Temazepam Truth

Parterxred
05-12-13, 02:51 AM
I have been taking 30mg Temazepam for a week. Thus far it is the best sleeping pill I have ever been prescribed, but I'm unable to find consistent information. I realize that Benzodiazepines have a substantial risk of dependence associated with long-term use. My Psychiatrist and Pharmacist have told me that it is non-addictive, but they only explain low risk of psychological addiction with no regard for a potential physiological addiction. Suggestions as to where to find accurate information would be greatly appreciated.

sarahsweets
05-12-13, 05:54 AM
temazepam is a benzo so therefore it is just as *** adictive as any other bezo's

tambourine-man
05-12-13, 04:14 PM
Temazepam is the most euphoric benzo on the market. Period. Yum... eggs. : )

Darksanity
05-16-13, 12:23 AM
My Psychiatrist and Pharmacist have told me that it is non-addictive, but they only explain low risk of psychological addiction with no regard for a potential physiological addiction.
Wow both your psychiatrist and pharmacist must be high on crack... Maybe you should try to stop taking temazepam cold-turkey after a few months of taking it and see if they were honest. :doh:

dogluver358
05-17-13, 10:27 AM
Uh...I've been taking more than that for years. From websites that I don't know the validity of...I have gathered that, yes, you can become physically dependent on it. It is still a benzo. I'm not sure on the physically dependent bit, but I too would be curious if anyone had a website to recommend with information on the subject.

I guess that's something I'll ask my doctor when I see them next month. I've been on it for years now. And now I'm maxed out at 45mg. I know when I was put on a high dose of ativan (another shorter-acting benzo) for a while during a manic episode I had to be weaned off of it. So I'm guessing it's the same for temazepam too.

Plus from what I've read, temazepam is only meant to be short term. For me though, it's the only thing that helps me sleep so I've stayed on it.

And I'm not addicted to it even after many years.

Laserbeak
08-02-13, 10:59 PM
I've been on Temazepam for a decade now and I do not find it addictive and it still works for me. Many nights I end up dozing off without even taking it. I also highly disagree with the assertion that it is the most euphoric benzodiazepine on the market. In fact I would say it is one of the LEAST. Of all the benzodiazepines I've been on for a significant period of time, I would say Ativan (lorazepam) is the most addictive one, but of course different people can react differently to any drug.

Blanched Dubois
08-02-13, 11:00 PM
I have been taking 30mg Temazepam for a week. Thus far it is the best sleeping pill I have ever been prescribed, but I'm unable to find consistent information. I realize that Benzodiazepines have a substantial risk of dependence associated with long-term use. My Psychiatrist and Pharmacist have told me that it is non-addictive, but they only explain low risk of psychological addiction with no regard for a potential physiological addiction. Suggestions as to where to find accurate information would be greatly appreciated.

From your Dr when he prescribes it or tells you why he or she won't, doll. Yah, you call that 'better living thru chemistry' - your chemistry, well, it ain't mine eh>>>>?

so howz trix lol:goodpost:

janiew
08-02-13, 11:46 PM
Benzos are hit or miss. With my genetic makeup, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

tambourine-man
08-14-13, 10:17 PM
I've been on Temazepam for a decade now and I do not find it addictive and it still works for me. Many nights I end up dozing off without even taking it. I also highly disagree with the assertion that it is the most euphoric benzodiazepine on the market. In fact I would say it is one of the LEAST. Of all the benzodiazepines I've been on for a significant period of time, I would say Ativan (lorazepam) is the most addictive one, but of course different people can react differently to any drug.

What is the highest dose you of Temazepam you have taken? If I take more than 60mg at a time I feel absolutely blissful. Recreational drug users on forums like Bluelight have come to a general consensus that Temazepam is the most euphoric prescription benzo.

Ativan and Xanax are tied for second place for me.