View Full Version : Burning 1000 calories in an hour...

XzavierDavies
05-13-13, 07:34 AM
Can a person burn 1000 calories in an hour?
If yes, please let know the exercises by which we can burn 1000 calories.
If no, kindly tell me; how many calories a person can burn in an hour.
Thank You.

emily848
05-13-13, 03:28 PM
Depends on your weight and intensity of exercise. There are websites that will tell you calories burned for different activities. I was looking it up the other day to see how many calories burned roller skating. Roller blading apparently burns more; you may be able to burn 800-calories an hour or so with high intensity roller blading, but look around at some websites that have that information. There are a bunch of them. The best exercise is something you enjoy and can stick to.

dvdnvwls
05-13-13, 04:13 PM
Running (or being on a treadmill) and keeping up your maximum effort for an entire hour would burn about a thousand calories. But would you really keep up maximum effort for the whole hour? I doubt it.

anagram
05-13-13, 06:07 PM
Running (or being on a treadmill) and keeping up your maximum effort for an entire hour would burn about a thousand calories. But would you really keep up maximum effort for the whole hour? I doubt it.
I don't know if this will make sense to anybody else, but I use my ipod as my "carrot", so I don't even need the "stick" once I start running. The ipod has limited storage capacity, so I'm forced to choose only my very favorite music to load it with. Exercise makes the music more enjoyable (endorphins, etc.), and music makes the exercise more appealing (distraction). By now my brain has already linked one thing to the other. It's a self-reinforcing activity. I know the music won't be as pleasurable later, and also, running requires very little mental effort, it's just mindless repetition.

The tricky part, though, is that the idea of exercising does seem like a lot of effort while I'm not exercising. It can be really hard to convince myself that it's not, and that there is no reason to be lazy about it. I'm almost certainly going to enjoy it, after all!..

mightykong
05-18-13, 07:22 PM
If you do nothing but your normal daily life activities, you will burn about 2500kcal per day.

If you are trying to lose weight, seriously just eat less.

If you want to be stronger and fitter eat heartily and to gruelling progressively harder exercise.

Do not try and do both at the same time, ideally you do the latter. Your body composition is likely to change quite a bit if (leaner and more muscular) ever if you are pigging out (on meat & veg not cakes & soda).

Reduction of calories for weight loss after you have already developed a decent level of fitness and muscular frame. You wont be able to do much (nor is it productive or wise to) when you are consuming very little calories.

silivrentoliel
05-18-13, 07:29 PM
even being a total sloth lately (ok, and i'm pregnant, so maybe that's an unfair advantage) I've lost weight just eating fruits instead of sweets/junk/coffee (i miss my coffee... kinda).

XzavierDavies
05-20-13, 04:24 AM
Thank you so much for your valuable information and suggestions. As you all suggested I’ll try to take to fewer calories as much as I can. While dieting if we take soda it fills our stomach then we will take less amount of food. It is good to a person who is on diet and Soda doesn’t contain any sugars too, then why should we avoid soda?

Abel123
05-20-13, 05:56 AM
Running and keeping up your highest possible attempt for an time would get rid of about a million calorie consumption, But would you really keep up highest possible attempt for the whole time, Do not rate up your exercise too quickly....

XzavierDavies
05-21-13, 02:35 AM
Thank you so much for your concern. My calorie intake levels are in between 2000-2200 per day and I used to walk 45 minutes in the morning hours with 3-4 mph. In the evening I scheduled 1 hour for cardio, in cardio I do push-ups, pull-ups, and crunches only. Except these I haven’t participate in any physical activities.