View Full Version : Can't ******* Sleep

tudorose
05-14-13, 01:32 PM
It's 1.30am. Have to be up at 5am and still can't sleep. DH was making so much noise snoring that I had to leave the bedroom before I clobbered him. Am lying on a yoga mat onthe floor which is really uncomfortable. This sucks

Ill_Favors
05-14-13, 01:48 PM
I've been there! I hate that too! Sleep is so important. I hope you get some rest.

Fuzzy12
05-14-13, 01:57 PM
Uggh...I hate that. Usually, the more I need to sleep and the more I try to fall asleep, the more awake I feel. Sometimes, it helps telling myself that even if I'm not sleeping, just lying down and resting is enough.

Hope you get some sleep soon though!!

Sandy4957
05-14-13, 07:01 PM
Sleep aids saved my life.

How old are you, Tudor? There's an "issue" for us chicks starting around 35, you know... :(

Amtram
05-14-13, 08:52 PM
Even with xanax (much more effective for sleep than any actual sleep medication I've ever taken) I still sometimes end up out on the sofa. If this kind of thing happens a lot, plan for it. Find another spot where you won't hear the snoring in advance, and be prepared to go there.

I use a white noise machine, and sometimes a box fan on top of that, but when hubby snores so bad that it shakes the bed, I need to go somewhere else.

Hope you can get a better night soon!

Fraser_0762
05-14-13, 11:20 PM
Snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea.

If your partner has always been a heavy snorer, he should possibility get that checked out (assuming he hasn't already?)

Sleep apnea can mimic symptoms of ADD, as it can effect one's concentration and memory.

Just a thought. :)

BellaVita
05-15-13, 12:40 AM
That stinks. I hope you ended up getting some sleep.

Does white noise help? Like a fan going in the background? Or maybe listening to some binaural beats program?

I have these special tracks that play relaxing rain sounds with binaural/monaural beats. You have to use headphones for the beats, though.

I also agree with the above post about getting checked for sleep apnea. (if he hasn't already)

sarahsweets
05-15-13, 04:29 AM
I agree with Fraser. My husband is a snorer but it used to be much worse, then his sleep study indicated narcolepsy.

Raye
05-15-13, 06:29 AM
ugh :doh: can't tell you how many times I've had this issue with my guy. The snoring either keeps me awake or actually wakes me up. Drives me nuts to the point I'm getting angry about it.

I love to sleep (who doesn't?) but seriously I hope your day won't be too f***** up from lack of it.

tudorose
05-15-13, 06:48 AM
How old are you, Tudor? There's an "issue" for us chicks starting around 35, you know... :(

I'm 37 but I've been told it's a part of the fibromyalgia which I've just been dx with.

I got given this antidepressant by the rheumatologist (to help with pain relief and sleep) but the pharmacist said it clashed with dex so I'm taking this herbal stuff that usually helps. I see my pdoc in just over a month so I'll see what he has to say. I'm not sure what happened last night. I think I might have just been too stressed. And that meant that I couldn't clobber hubby in a nice way so I had to leave so we didn't end up in an argument.

Hoping tonight will be better. I have some earplugs!