View Full Version : Nightmare Disorder & vivid dreams

Miss Steph
05-14-13, 02:14 PM
Ever since I was a child I would have extremely vivid dreams, vivid nightmares, and recurring dreams. My psych told me that a lot of people with ADHD have this problem. I tried doing research but most websites blame it on medication. Well I just started taking medication a month and a half ago (vyvanse) for ADHD and I've always had this problem. Anyone else?

The other night I actually had two vivid nightmares. The first ended with me getting shot point blank in the face. The second was being stranded on a float for 3 days after the cruise ship I was on sank. I could give a lot more details about both nightmares as I recall pretty much everything.

Parterxred
05-14-13, 03:58 PM
I once saw a senile psychiatrist. She thought I had nightmares so she prescribed Prazosin. I'm not sure of its effectiveness because I don't have nightmares, but I know it's an option.

dogluver358
05-14-13, 04:30 PM
I don't know much about nightmare disorders, but I do have nightmares (very vivid) every night until I started taking Prazosin. The VA has studied it a lot in regards to the treatment of PTSD related nightmares. Seems to work pretty well for me for non-PTSD related nightmares.

eats_mice
05-14-13, 10:56 PM
I have some insight on dreams, and a little bit of experience interpreting them. If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

BellaVita
05-14-13, 11:04 PM
Ever since I was a child I would have extremely vivid dreams, vivid nightmares, and recurring dreams. My psych told me that a lot of people with ADHD have this problem. I tried doing research but most websites blame it on medication. Well I just started taking medication a month and a half ago (vyvanse) for ADHD and I've always had this problem. Anyone else?

The other night I actually had two vivid nightmares. The first ended with me getting shot point blank in the face. The second was being stranded on a float for 3 days after the cruise ship I was on sank. I could give a lot more details about both nightmares as I recall pretty much everything.

I also experience this. Always have.

Could it be related to something like PTSD?

There could be more going on than meets the eye..

Fraser_0762
05-14-13, 11:05 PM
Guys, that's nothing.

I've died in my dreams and not woken up right away. :)

It's like my soul is transported to another universe and I feel surrounded by a bright light and a perfect warmth.

I'm not religious or anything, so its very strange that this happens. It feels pretty amazing though, even if I die in a horrible way.