View Full Version : Give it a whirl...

wills11
05-14-13, 10:28 PM
I'm starting Focalin XR 5mg tomorrow. It took the pharmacy a few days to get the med because they didn't have any in stock :-\

I guess we're a "rare" group of people trying this stuff out eh?

I didn't have much expectation for this and just figured I'd pop the pill in the morning and do whatever for the next couple weeks until something happened one way or another lol! But after reading the couple good things on here I'm kind of interested to see what happens now.

I used to take Adderall XR for a few years. I stopped taking it a few months ago (only 5mg XR [used to take 30 when it was the only med I took]) because I just couldn't shake the acute anxiety it was provoking.

I've tried 2 meds since and they all suck. Most recently it was Strattera. I didn't even make it a month before I quit on my own (never done that before - I usually wait till my appointment and then say I'm quitting) because the side effects on my urinary and reproductive systems were horrendous.

The frustrating thing: on Adderall, I like the way I am but hate the way I feel!
Does that even make sense? lol

What are things to look for? Watch out for? Be cautions of? Etc.
Any recommendations or suggestions?

I guess I'll take this stuff like I took my Adderall = anytime before 10:45 AM and eat as much as possible beforehand

Twiggy
05-14-13, 11:37 PM
I hope it works for you.

G252013
05-15-13, 04:26 PM
how was it?

wills11
05-15-13, 11:24 PM
how was it?

It was light blue. :giggle:

Sorry. That was stupid haha. I'm not really sure yet. No immediate adverse reactions - so that's good!

It's hard to say anything else. I've been SO TIRED today (a coffee and red bull throughout the day never even lifted the fog!) because I haven't been sleeping well from stress lately. I highly doubt fatigue is a side effect lol! If it was my Adderall XR, I feel like it would've lifted some of that feeling. So I guess I've noticed that difference.

No headache, rapid heartbeat or sweating within 2 hours of taking it, or dry mouth like the side effects of Adderall give me.

No nausea or dizziness either, which are my typical reactions to just about anything. ....yet

wills11
06-19-13, 02:32 PM
I started 10mg XR earlier in the month since I had no major reactions to the 5 - which was a victory in itself since meds by and large don't do a lot of favors for me haha!

Haven't noticed anything life changing yet. So... keep marching on I guess.

ana futura
07-16-13, 01:26 PM
Focalin is subtle, you really can't feel it. Sometimes I doubt it's doing anything at all, but the difference in my willingness to do work on vs. off it is dramatic. I don't take it every day, if I did I would probably think it wasn't doing anything- but since I am able to compare it to my unmedicated days I know it is effective.

How is it working out for you?