View Full Version : Anyone on Prozac?

425runner
05-17-13, 09:02 PM
I went to see my doctor because of depression getting a lot worse, or something else making me extremely tired and wanting to sleep all day, lost pleasure in all my activities etc. so he prescribed Prozac 10mg.

There were maybe 2 days when I felt really good, high energy, actually wanting to go out shopping but the rest of the week has been really sluggish, feeling drowsy/doped up, high, Dexedrine is not working, and I can't concentrate on anything. All I wanna is do is listen to music :lol:

I need something to get back my driven self, my energy, motivation, and zest for life. Maybe I should give it another week? What should I do now that my ADHD meds are virtually ineffective??

lsm-add
05-17-13, 10:56 PM
Prozac was great for my moods and anger but it left me debilitatingly tired. I mean trying to flip a page in a magazine was asking too much tired. It also gave me the most horrific breath ever. I quit and am now on week 2 of Zoloft. Still tired but not like on Prozac. I also feel more clear headed.

Fraser_0762
05-17-13, 11:07 PM
Have you considered trying "St John's Wort"?

It's a natural non prescription medicine for depression that you can easily buy.

People have raved about it, saying its more effective than prescription, but with much less side effects.

lsm-add
05-18-13, 09:40 PM
I tried 5htp and some combo that had St. Johns Wort in it but didn't notice any change in my anxiety which is the main reason I take it.

425runner
05-19-13, 08:39 PM
I took the day off yesterday and re-started at 2.5mg today. So far just a mild headache, will stay at this dose for now. I take it for depression, not really anxiety.

mightykong
05-20-13, 10:25 PM
I tried 5htp and some combo that had St. Johns Wort in it but didn't notice any change in my anxiety which is the main reason I take it.

Be wary the potency of natural remedies can vary ENORMOUSLY. There is almost never clear labelling (and testing) to determine the quantity of active ingredient and its potency.

I have no experience with St Johns wort in particular, just pointing out that maybe you shouldnt give up on it immediately.