View Full Version : Melbourne Adult ADD/ADHD Support Group

pacifictheme
05-18-13, 09:39 AM
A bit about myself: I'm 24, live in southeast Melbourne and have been taking dexamphetamine for Inattentive ADD since the beginning of the year.

I've decided that I would really like to meet people in a similar situation but after a lot of searching, haven't been able to find any support groups that are still up and running.

Which has brought me to the conclusion that I will have to organise one myself. If you have ADD or ADHD and would like to meet up once a month, let me know.

I am planning on organising a meeting in the city on the Sunday 2nd June so please indicate your interest.

To be honest, it would be great just to have someone to meet up with to share experiences and coping strategies.

Also I should add that although I am ADD, my organisational skills are pretty sound (it's my short term memory that is shot).

Cheers!

amberwillow
05-18-13, 09:51 AM
There is a regular support group up and running in Melbourne already.

pacifictheme
05-18-13, 09:55 AM
That sounds great, could you provide me with the name and email?

Every group I've rung has had a disconnected number.

amberwillow
05-18-13, 10:01 AM
I'll pm you some details. We generally meet on the second Saturday of every month (so we don't have to get confused).

It's not far from Flinders Street Station... Easy to get to.

I've been attending regularly for several months now.

pacifictheme
05-18-13, 10:20 AM
Thanks Amber, I really appreciate it. I think it would be a big help for me to meet other people with ADD

mgb230588
06-03-14, 08:34 AM
Hi there i'm a new member. Been diagnosed with ADHD-PI since the start of this year. Just would like to know what happens is support groups for people with ADD, whats it like, and the age group of other members.

clanger
06-17-14, 07:37 AM
Age is from early twenties to 50 plus and in between. Discussion svary from tips to help organise, latest scientific updates, emotional support, sharing journeys and so on. I was diagnosed late last year at aged 51 have been to 4 meetings and am finding them really helpful. Hope to see you there some day.

razzafromtas
11-08-14, 05:22 AM
Hi peeps, I'd love to come along to the group too - could someone send me details? Thanks!

tandarra
09-30-15, 02:16 AM
Hi. Been recently diagnosed and would really like to be part of a support group. Tried emailing Adult ADHD Melbourne, but haven't heard anything back. Is the group still running and if so, does anyone have up to date contact details? Cheers.

Tomsak
09-30-15, 04:27 AM
Hi guys,I'm a new member.I am an adult male with ADD living in South East Melbourne and I'm also interested in being part of a support group.

Jay2213
09-30-15, 06:45 AM
Ditto. They meet every second Saturday apparently, no idea if they are still active. We may have to stalk them ;)

neilahogan
02-23-17, 08:35 PM
Anyone know if any groups are still around? We get bored easily so I'm guessing each new group would only last about six months or so before a new ADD says 'hey, I'll start a group!' so let me know if anyone knows if there is one, and if there isn't, I'll run one for six months!