View Full Version : Hyperactive mind gone when I juice...

tiredofmymind
05-23-13, 12:59 PM
Hello guys and gals! I finally decided to join the conversation to try and better understand why my brain runs at 100mph all the time.

Simply put, I've tried omega, multivitamins, some mind focus supplement from gnc, etc. I know I have contributing factors such as irregular and often limited sleep do to my career and I don't have the best diet, but get this...

I started juicing, taking in 2 carrots, a bowl of spinach, stalk of celery, an apple, half a lemon every morning and my mind SLOWED DOWN!

It takes a day or two but I literally stop interrupting people, stop analyzing the engineering of a building when I walk through it, actually can sit down and read a book, started picking up after myself all day long, etc.

My entire life changed with a juice. What the heck? Here's what I need help with though. I can't juice at all when I go to work (travel industry and I leave home for 4 days at a time). Does anyone have any ideas on what it is in there that feeds my brain the right stuff?

Meagan
05-24-13, 07:30 PM
"Does anyone have any ideas on what it is in there that feeds my brain the right stuff?"

Yes. 2 carrots, a bowl of spinach, stalk of celery, an apple, and half a lemon. You may not be able to juice, but those foods are not rare and you could just eat them.

dvdnvwls
05-25-13, 12:48 AM
Two possibilities, a good one and a bad one:

Bad: Maybe you're getting a blood-sugar crash from the juice, and that's slowing your hyperactive habits. That would be temporary and unpleasant.

Good: Carrots, spinach, celery, apples, and lemons are good for you. Get a big spinach salad with minimal dressing, eat the other items individually (maybe an orange instead of a lemon) :) , and you're set. Healthier than juicing by far.

G252013
05-25-13, 07:29 AM

Bad: Maybe you're getting a blood-sugar crash from the juice, and that's slowing your hyperactive habits. That would be temporary and unpleasant.

Good: Carrots, spinach, celery, apples, and lemons are good for you. Get a big spinach salad with minimal dressing, eat the other items individually (maybe an orange instead of a lemon) :) , and you're set. Healthier than juicing by far.

its too opinionated to say whether juicing is healthier than just eating the individual items on their own. Either way, the fruits/vegetables contain quite a bit of antioxidants

antioxidants = break down cortisol = increased potential for dopamine formation

I find the juicing super convenient :)

Lunacie
05-25-13, 09:55 AM

I'd guess it's a bit of both, but the first one is the one that concerns me.
My g-daughter was recently diagnosed with diabetes, and it's shocking to
me that juicing is such a big fad when it eliminates most of the fiber that
is so beneficial and necessary, leaving you with a lot of sugar. Carrots and
apples especially have a lot of sugar.