View Full Version : sharing

fasttalkingmom
07-17-03, 02:03 PM
Things I've found in this book :

*create a " launching Pad" pg.40...

* create a "take Me with you" basket pg.82 and *create a "errand box" on same page.......

Stubby To-do lists pg. 83

*Quiet,inattentive-type ADDers(me) stimulate themselves through day dreaming, T.V.,escape novels and overeating* pg. 61

This is me all the way. I use to be very thin before my kids and I was very active.

In many ways it's something you expect you have kids,I'm home most of the time and bored so I'd snack...
I've failed to lose weight or keep it off on diets I went on. I have not be able to get a handle on NOT eating when I'm bored !!

Finding things to do is not the answer for me... Finding things to do would mean cleaning the house..lol...So I'd be overwhelmed and watch T.V and snack...it goes around and around for me.....

When you have kids and a job and on a tight budget, how do you fill the times when your bored, with things you have time for and money for.......(not really asking answers to the question)

Barbette
07-17-03, 06:58 PM
I "invented" the launching pad, take me with you basket and stubby to do lists a long time ago. It was interesting to see them reinforced in this book. It gave me confidance in myself that I have at least learned to do something right. I've learned my big problem is time management and my piles. Even when I put a "pile" on the to do list I can't seem to get it done. One look and I turn my head. I am determined to overcome this. If I am already doing some things that the book suggests I hope that the suggestions for my weak spots will work as well.

joanrdtobe
07-18-03, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by fasttalkingmom
ADDers(me) stimulate themselves through day dreaming, T.V

When you have kids and a job and on a tight budget, how do you fill the times when your bored, with things you have time for and money for.......(not really asking answers to the question)

Paula: I know you're not seeking answers but I had a thought....my sister has kids and a job and what they do often is go for after dinner walks as a family...or to the playground or the swimming pool all together as a family....these activities are great exercise and cost little....or my sister will invite the moms of her children's friends over...with the children....like play dates...moms and children.....

Also do you like to knit, crochet, latchhook? OR you could have cooking lessons....teach your kids to make items that are inexpensive and nutritious....:)

fasttalkingmom
07-18-03, 09:38 PM
Joan, Thanks for answering... ;)

Here's my thing.....walks as a family seems to cause me stress. Because of the busy street I live on we can't just walk out our door,well we can but we have to be very careful. So we'd have to get in the car and find a place. Not something I'm good at once I'm home after driving around for 6 or more a day, I'm home...lol...

The same goes for the playground and only one kid will go and it's boring to me and I get grouchy.... We have no commity pool.

I have a memebership at the gym and I love it ! But once again it's not easy for me to get there without alot of stress...

I'm not a real social type, I'm friendly and love people. My daughters don't have friends who's moms I'd care to spend time with. And with my house being a mess,well that would be out... I have many friends and we usally talk on the phone or get together when ever I'm in the mood (man I sound like a jerk...lol..) My friends understand me and in fact they seems to be the same way...

Oh ya, I crochet ! It's kinda a problem for me....lol...I hyper focus on it, I've crocheted from the age of 6. I'll do it for hours not stopping to pee,eat or drink. I can crochet a full size afgan in a week..lol... it's ridiculous ! ..lol...I've even giving myself shoulder problems,elbow and wrist problems due to my "over" doing it.....lol..

I've tried the cooking "lessons" with my kids, it was fun....COOL we hit on something !.....lol....

Aren't I pain in the butt ? .....lol... I can think of a million reason not to do anything and to be bored..........lol....

I'm hoping my new meds will help me with this.........

Garry
07-18-03, 10:18 PM
fasttalkingmom

At least you are trying to spend time with the kids.

Life is a journey not a destination

If you dont like the station the train stops at , get back on and try the next station

Soon you will find your station and then all will be worth it

Just dont give in

aforceforgood
07-18-03, 11:04 PM
I understand about the friends thing, I have great friends and love people in general, but sometimes I just need to be alone.

joanrdtobe
07-19-03, 10:30 AM
Paula: Here's what I admire....your ability to focus long enough to take each idea I suggested and respond to it...positive or negative....that's really cool....you can finish an entire afghan in a week? Man, that's gotta be a record! No you're not a pain in the butt! You just like what you like and don't like what you don't like...or you know what doesn't work....Yes I KNEW you could cook and so perhaps could give lessons to your kids because you had a neat salad recipe here on forums a little while back....:) Yes, now that you've started on the Dexedrine, good luck!

fasttalkingmom
07-19-03, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Garry Lawton
Life is a journey not a destination
If you dont like the station the train stops at , get back on and try the next station.Soon you will find your station and then all will be worth it.Just dont give in

Thank you Garry, love what you wrote, very inspiring to me.
Thanks force and Joan also !

I'm on a new adventure ! Here in our town they're changing the school times. The elementary school kids will be getting out before the High schoolers and Middle schoolers. Because of this I'll not be able to work in the afternoon starting in Sept. My little one will not have anyone here to come home to....
I've spoke to a few mom's who don't know what they'll do because of the same situation. One women suggested I should have a few kids come to my house after school....

Just for a couple hours,I figured I could have 2 or 3 kids. I could charge a reasonable fee and still make up the money I'd be losing for not working in the afternoon ! This would certainly keep me busy.....

I made flyers today and plan to pass them out in the neighborhoods I know and to the mom's I know.....

Garry
07-19-03, 11:58 PM
Ok so is this a plan for you
do you need us as a group to help keep you on task with any of it

If so just let us know

Maybe babysitting for a few hours will be the break you need from driving

My best job I ever liked was delivering Pizza

why

they would call me on the cell to tell me there was a delivery

gives me 7 mins to get there
then make delivery

then off duty again till next call

Many little jobs all made up for 1 big job

plus I met many people, got invited to several partys that were happening, and everybody loves to see the Pizza Man.

Look to the positive side fasttalkingmom

A change is as good as a rest and little kids can be such fun

Tara
07-20-03, 01:04 AM
Please remember that this specific Forum is to help support each other using the Book ADD Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life.