View Full Version : TBI - Traumatic Brain Injury and ADD

Blanched Dubois
05-26-13, 12:51 PM
Has anyone been diagnosed with this and if so, if you wish to share, when did it happen? What has been your experience? Thanks.

For instance, in football the incidence of concussion is now taken more seriously in HS than ever before due to the rising problems resultant from impact injuries.

I was in a bad car wreck that was the result of an impulsive, bad move on my part still undiagnosed for ADD and in my 20's - i honestly don't remember the year it was and my mom would know but we had to cut her out of our lives for good - NPD - that's a killer, let me tell you.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tbi/tbi.htm

http://www.unitedpsychological.com/articles/traumaticbraininjury.asp

I'm just investigating my car wreck and thinking that I did sustain TBI as I had lost consciousness and went in and out of consciousness for days. Never was hospitalized or had any tests done until some 20 yrs later?

I am seeing a new, highly recco'd Neurologist/Neurosurgeon for my neck and spine but have on my list for him a wish to see an MRI of my brain - and any evidence of TBI - there appears to be excitement in this field about 'dynamic imaging results' and truth to the idea that long term symptoms affect one's life afterward ....for who knows how long in the 'milder' cases?

Researching...'re-membering' seems most impaired by both TBI and ADD for me.

Hyperman87
05-26-13, 03:28 PM
TBI & ADHD sounds like a handful!:( I do hope your making progress in relieving symptoms. Dealing with more than one health problem is real pain the A**!

Meagan
05-26-13, 04:05 PM
I will subscribe to this thread. I was born dead (umbilical cord strangulation) and revived. I don't know how long I was without oxygen. I also had a couple of severe head injuries as a teen (horseback-riding accident, auto accident). ADHD symptoms present since very early childhood, but I doubt the head injuries helped in that regard. :/

Hyperman87
05-26-13, 10:24 PM
Actually I might have suffered a head Injury myself at least once. I know I've been exposed to lead fumes:eek:,paints(once my older brother(he was about 30 & I was 17.) & I were painting a house.He had one of those 3M respirators & I didn't we were painting for hours., I was wacked upside the head with a hammer once(while I was asleep, by my sister's eldest child.:lol:) Seriously, he was only about 4 years old. But, the kid could hit,I had one helluva headache for like days after it & I remember I kept nearly passing out!

Blanched Dubois
05-27-13, 07:48 AM
Actually I might have suffered a head Injury myself at least once. I know I've been exposed to lead fumes:eek:,paints(once my older brother(he was about 30 & I was 17.) & I were painting a house.He had one of those 3M respirators & I didn't we were painting for hours., I was wacked upside the head with a hammer once(while I was asleep, by my sister's eldest child.:lol:) Seriously, he was only about 4 years old. But, the kid could hit,I had one helluva headache for like days after it & I remember I kept nearly passing out!

{{{{Hyperman87}}}:faint:

grogeham
05-29-13, 06:28 AM
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD ) is not a childhood problem, but if you were diagnosed with childhood you have carried some of the symptoms in adulthood also better way go to the consultant.