View Full Version : Adult ADD - Jane Pauley Show

Tara
02-10-05, 03:05 PM
The Jane Pauley Show (http://www.thejanepauleyshow.com/)

TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2005

SHOW NUMBER 021505 ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER (TVPG)

Adults who suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder approach the world in a way that can impair their lives. Original, charismatic, energetic, and often brilliant people with ADD have extraordinary talents and gifts embedded in their highly charged, but easily distracted minds. Today, we'll meet adults from various walks of life who've struggled with ADD. And we'll talk to best-selling author Edward Hallowell, whose latest book on adult ADD, Delivered from Distraction, (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/034544230X/ref%3Dnosim/livingwithadd) helps people with ADD unleash positive energy and lead highly successful lives.

www.thejanepauleyshow.com (http://www.thejanepauleyshow.com/)

sweetheartsok
02-11-05, 12:51 AM
thanks for the info.

free2bme
02-11-05, 02:34 AM
Thanks Tara. I'm not a tv watcher but I'm going to try to watch this.

Scattered
02-12-05, 12:54 AM
Does anybody know what time and station (CBS, NBC, ABC) the Jane Pauley show is on?

Scattered

ADDition
02-12-05, 02:36 AM
Thank you very much for this information. I'll be at work when it's on in my area, but I plan to tape it. Thanks for the link to the show's website. I was able to find out when it's on in my area, which is the answer to Scattered's question: just click on the link, and the website has a "When & Where" section which gives you the information you need-you'll find it no problem.

Scattered
02-12-05, 06:07 AM
Thanks ADDition -- that didn't occur to me!:rolleyes: I'll check out the website.

Scattered

ADDition
02-13-05, 11:39 PM
Hey Scattered: You're quite welcome! I've had plenty of things that I didn't think of before too and I'm glad when people suggest things, so it's nice to be able to pass on help to others too! :)

Tara
02-14-05, 10:23 AM
Here's the link for "where to watch" http://www.thejanepauleyshow.com/watch/index.html

Tara
02-15-05, 01:14 PM
FYI - I thought that the show was great!!!.

heatman
02-15-05, 02:05 PM
I forgot to watch it ARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!

Donna
02-15-05, 05:51 PM
I caught it this morning before work completely by mistake. I was so impressed that I sent and email to the show to tell them how great a thing they just did. Ty Pennington the owner of Jet Blue and several other well known people were mentioned that admitted they were ADD and wouldn't want it any other way. They said there are negatives but in no way do they outweigh the positives of being ADD. I wasn't impressed with Jane until today. She's alright.

casper
02-15-05, 11:40 PM
I was able to tape about half of it. I saw up to and part way through the jet blue guy. Very very interesting, I just wish I would ave seen the whole thing! Dr. Hallowell really made me re-think how I am handleing my add. Currently I am not seeing a psych or anything, not on meds, basically not doing anything to help myself and imporve my productivity and organization.

GREAT SHOW, just wish I could have see it all!

ADDition
02-17-05, 09:21 AM
I am most aggravated with myself, because in my ADHD fashion, I forgot to set the VCR! That figures! Sounds like it was a good show. Perhaps it will re-rerun at another time. It's good though that the word is out there to recognize and work with the ADD. My feeling is that I have it and it's not going away, but I can do my best to manage the more distressing aspects of it while working to enhance the traits that are for the good, like creativity. But it's good for ADD to be recognized because it's insulting to all of us when we're told it's not real.

mustFocus
02-17-05, 01:14 PM
It was a mildly interesting show. I did go to the bookstore and pick up a copy of Delivered from Distraction. I immediately went to page 38 and started reading the list of 128 characteristics of an ADD individual. I identified with them so much that I started to tear up in the bookstore. I finished the list in the car and came up with 120 or so that applied to me. I'm going to take a shot at finishing the rest of the book as soon as I can. I'm especially interested in the nutritional and non-medication approaches to minimizing the negatives of ADD.

Donna
02-17-05, 04:45 PM
Isn't that the best book ever? It's written so that an ADD reader doesn't lose interest while reading it too. I loaned my copy to a friend a while back that I'm SURE is ADD. He's very successful and creative and has a million irons in the fire...several business going all at the same time, is brilliant and has the attention span of a gnat on speed.
Glad you found it and your response was the same as mine....tears while reading...went straight to the counter to purchase. I didn't need time to decide on that one!

Wait! Did you mean Driven to Distraction? I originally read it that way...confused.

Donna

timh
02-17-05, 05:03 PM
Wait! Did you mean Driven to Distraction? I originally read it that way...confused.

Donna
Donna,

"Delivered" from Distraction is his new book, just released last month. I just pick up a copy over lunch. It has updates on ADD since the release of his Driven to Distraction (1994).

mustFocus
02-17-05, 05:55 PM
I got a copy of the new book, Delivered from Distraction. I'll probably pick up the original and some others when I get through this one.

addwife2001
03-24-05, 04:36 PM
Hello,

Does anybody here know where I am able to get a DVD or tape of this show?

Tara
04-20-05, 03:24 PM
They are replaying the show tommorow 4/21 and DVDs can also be ordered through the Hallowell center.

Gourmet
04-20-05, 03:42 PM
Thanks Tara. This is the one program responsible for leading me to diagnosis and treatment.. and also to finding this forum :) I hope everyone can watch it.

stori813
04-20-05, 03:56 PM
Thanks Tara I missed it the first time it was on :)

stori813
04-22-05, 03:54 AM
It was so great to finally see a show on TV talk responsibly about AD/HD.
So glad I caught it this time.