View Full Version : Klonopin and sex drive, what gives?

BobbyDrake
05-30-13, 02:02 PM
My psychiatrist put me on 1mg of Klonopin a day for anxiety and panic attacks. It's working very well to keep that from happening. The thing is, I thought benzos like Klonopin were supposed to kill your sex drive. Yeah, that hasn't happened in the least. If anything, now that I'm not spending half the day worrying about things, it's gotten stronger. I mean, I'm 35, isn't that supposed to be cooling down soon anyways?

known_guy
06-01-13, 12:44 AM
Where have you heard that benzodiazepines have a negative side effect related to one's sex drive? If anything, I've personally found that anxiolytic BZDs prove to be formidable, in terms of how disinhibiting they can be - for me, at least. So in the past I found myself getting into situations I normally wouldn't be OK with getting into.

CthulhuMinion
06-01-13, 08:08 PM
Benzos don't kill your sex drive. They just kill your day in general, at least for me. I was on clonazapam which has a pretty large half life compared to xanax. My sex drive was the same as always on it. This is based on when I actually remembered if I had sex haha. Most days on kpins just seemed to not really exist. Hated it.

known_guy
06-02-13, 12:14 AM
Benzos don't kill your sex drive. They just kill your day in general, at least for me. I was on clonazapam which has a pretty large half life compared to xanax. My sex drive was the same as always on it. This is based on when I actually remembered if I had sex haha. Most days on kpins just seemed to not really exist. Hated it.

Word.