View Full Version : Looking for psychiatrist in Palm Beach / Jupiter / Hobe Sound / Stuart

anyonebutme
06-05-13, 01:14 PM
I've got some issues that I need to work out. I'll be honest and straightforward about my situation.

I'm 32 years old. Was taking adderall for about 10 years of which the last 3 years of that I was abusing it pretty badly. I finally got caught and basically got cut off from taking adderall. That was about a year and a half ago.

I've tried every other possibility to try and be productive again, but just can't seem to find anything that works. I've tried several non-stimulants, anti-depressants that have 'ADHD' features, neuro-feedback (several thousand dollars worth), and have been trying vyvanse for about 10 months now..

I have absolutely no motivation off vyvanse, but I am not very productive on it either. Rarely, I can get a hold of some adderall, and when I take it, I am a miracle worker. I get so much done in such little time that it upsets me to think that I am 'settling' for what I am getting done now.

Now my goal isn't to get back on adderall full time again, but rather to find a way to be as productive as I can be. I refuse to believe that taking adderall is the only way that I can reach my maximum potential. Currently, I just don't care about anything at all, and my life is slowly crumbling under the fact that I don't seem to do much of anything about responsibilities. I haven't cared about my taxes, bills, job, money, work, but I feel like these are things I should take care of.

The only thing I have going for me right now is a great job with a great income, but at my current rate of production - which has been scrutinized lately - I am done for. If I lose this job, I don't think I'll be able to pull myself out of anything.

Need some help to prevent my life from completely crumbling under my feet before it is too late.

Thank you!!

anyonebutme
06-19-13, 03:53 PM
Here is an update. I have had an EEG recording of my brain with my eyes open, then with my eyes closed. I had ceased medication for 4 days before the EEG, so I was completely unmedicated during the recording.
I have an area of my brain that has to do with senses, that is going nuts. It is EXTREMELY active compared to the rest of my brain. Sensory Overload. This may explain why I am SOOOOOOO tired all the time off my meds.

Then I have two areas that are having difficulty communicating with their respective parts of my brain. From the images it looked like the left hemisphere.
This is what I've been told.