View Full Version : Reiki and other non invasive healing modalities

Blanched Dubois
06-17-13, 04:22 PM
I started this thread to add dimension to a subject that I love. Getting a label is often derailing. My mindset with 'healing' is that it is both an experience personal at best and shared in ways that are more subtle, in general.

We are spiritually made up of a physical body/ a mental body/ an emotional body and a spiritual body - this equals a unified field of being and we occupy more than one dimension and this defies what we 'know' about 'time' and 'space'.

On this level - here in the gross material realm - we have our dualities. We, as a unified field of being are 'here' and we are at the same time 'there'. Our job is to learn how to heal our relationship to ourselves, nature and each other or suffer in ignorance and reacting always instead of being 'at cause' and co creating what we intend to manifest.

I'm a Reiki Master. That just means I have been given a gift of healing or channelling universal life force energy (aka Chi, Qi, Prana, and other terms for this energy we all have and all people's have a name for this energy) through my hands. I have also been given the gift of 'sight' or forseeing and i will at times enjoy the gift of 'clairaudience' - all of this is just a formal way of saying I've spent a lifetime learning about who I AM, What is my bliss and How to employ it and make a living. With ears to hear and eyes to see - i'm uniquely equipped to cut through the most intricate BS with ease.

I chose to be a Sales Manager because I enjoy teaching people how to overcome their limited beliefs that keep them prisoners to what isn't so but what they think is so...there's often a big difference there.

I studied for 3 yrs in '73-'76 and recieved my certification to be an Astrologer from a school in West Orange NJ. I needed a math tutor as the ADHD was there from the beginning but we were neglected by our parents who only cared about money, gambling, their vacations and us being 'seen and not heard' and when seen being 'properly attired' and when heard ' we were to say 'yes ma'am' 'yes sir' and I was expected and taught to curtsy as well as how to 'properly' do all my chores.

I was lucky that I was a born fighter and smart enough to not let my NPD/Borderline mother 'win' ever by feeling like a 'loser' - some 'thing' i call intuition saved me from ever believing in anything but getting to know me and making sure I took care of me well because no one else will do it as good as I can.

So, my hobbies are Reiki - i enjoy doing animal healings and Astrology using the chart to access the Akashic records for personal information not found in your chart. It brought me much in terms of fruit from the Tree of Life that's there for the picking. You don't have to believe. You just have to be willing to learn and put aside natural and HEALTHY skepticism.

I only share this so you can understand this principle i list below and as follows;

Just for Today, Let Go of Anger.

Just for Today, Let Go of Worry

Just for Today, Do your work honestly.

Just for Today, Be Kind to all Living things.

Just for Today, Give Thanks for your many Blessings.

What have you got to lose? I lost a brother to ALS. He didn't 'believe' in my gifts either until one day he used me as a party favor at one of his many parties in Los Angeles in the 90's. He asked me to 'read' his friend. I did and I got specific and they all freaked out but I also wondered why? The russians have done much in the way of 'psychic research' - the development of the pineal gland and the work done for years of personal healing the 'subtle bodies' and have found great miracles of healing arise with the willingness to be healthy and able.

Tolerance and willingness to be surprised often helps.

So, wherever you go there you are ...Reiki is a wonderful story and healing modality. It was brought into the country by a Japanese man. His story is very beautiful so I'll link it below. Lastly, I do this because there are many ways we can empower ourselves with techniques proven to enhance our ability to thrive and not just survive.

http://www.reiki.org/faq/historyofreiki.html

The fantastic story of how the lepers were healed and other testimony very credible serve to continue to get people attracted to this non invasive healing that you don't even have to be touched by physically to feel the healing. In every town now is a Reiki healer or master...the master is simply able to teach you to heal by initiating you to the levels. I do this and have done this free of charge since I received the gift myself and never 'hung a shingle'. I prefer Shamanic healing. This is one aspect of that and I encourage folks to seek out non traditional for their healing in addition to the traditional.

My Shaman is also a PHD. She is fascinating and so is her personal story.

SquarePeg
06-17-13, 05:04 PM
I knew I was drawn to you somehow but Im not sure how. I also do Reiki healing.

Lunacie
06-17-13, 05:22 PM
I was doing energy healing for over 10 years before I became a certified
Usui Reiki practicioner. It's all good stuff. I'm not into astrology, but have
done a lot of tarot and rune reading.

Blanched Dubois
06-17-13, 05:54 PM
yeah i like a few cards - my russian granny gave me the russian cards - scary accurate

it's all motivating :D

and i like both of you's lol! but this is sort of fun stuff - a nice diversion and a deep dive if you wanna - or just some other perspective - helps get me out of my own head - healing for artists

and i am an artist in my soul and a wild woman and a healer healing healers :D

and i am no one - it's all good....how to regain focus when i lose it i'll go here...here's a chick reading a cool bunch of passages from Woman Who Run With the Wolves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=ALFPPHEM2F0&NR=1

Blanched Dubois
06-17-13, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGZfZsTYgo

love Caroline Myss too - she da bomb

Blanched Dubois
06-17-13, 06:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cgk_DB5eJc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

meadd823
06-17-13, 06:29 PM
I wondered how I got on facebook - I totally agree with their approach to integration between ancient healing practices and modern technology.

I wish more people would see the two as being complementary. Spiritualism should be inclusive but to often it is made out to be exclusive.

Although I am a shaman I do not practice Reiki but I have respect for any who do so. I go more along the lines of acupressure but again all are one just various approaches to energy balances

Astrology I do enjoy along with numerology I have basic understanding of both

meadd823
06-17-13, 06:34 PM
the https in the video is screwing with your post - can you still edit?

Blanched Dubois
06-17-13, 07:20 PM
i need help, mead, with editing - can you assist please? i'm not sure what you're referring to ....unhfhgh?

thanks

i also like this interview

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NCaK35DQ4uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

meadd823
06-17-13, 07:55 PM
has to do with the embedding code - it is http and I had to add an "s" = https at the end - sorry it took so long washer went out of balance then I had to remember what about the code had to be corrected - okay I will now get back on topic.

I know a couple of gals in my circle that do renki but I have very chaotic energy that can be over baring - It comes across on-line but tends to be even stronger in person

I don;t think I would want to screw with any one else's energy fields. I am afraid it would be any thing BUT healing - I do a lot of shield work though sort of like being a guardian. There have been women who come up to me and go bonkers for a time just start spewing stuff out they didn;t know was n there - I don;t take it personally because it happens. Once the shadow stuff is out it can be dealt with.

It is like Negative or destructive energies I draw out in the open if it comes via spiritual realm I can make them go poof completely.

I deal with a lot of transitional energy mostly psychopomp work even before I knew they had a word for it. I would love to be on the other side some times but I do have a great deal of respect for all energy workers. I think the medical profession should be more open to these types of energy healing not as a replacement but as a complementary option to traditional medicine

Unmanagable
06-17-13, 08:08 PM
Good timing. :)

Much love and gratitude to all. ((((Hugs)))))

I remember my first Reiki visit was with a gentleman that does hands on practice.

I was blown away by physically feeling the energy move. I was pretty skeptical going in, but it was very effective and helpful in the moment, and still is on my better days.

It's so refreshing to intentionally and lovingly move and accept energy vs. riding the coat tails of, and trying to outlast the chaotic energy that follows the emotional roller coasters.

If I could manage to do this on my ditch days, I'd be a much happier camper.

Blanched Dubois
06-17-13, 08:16 PM
has to do with the embedding code - it is http and I had to add an "s" = https at the end - sorry it took so long washer went out of balance then I had to remember what about the code had to be corrected - okay I will now get back on topic.

I know a couple of gals in my circle that do renki but I have very chaotic energy that can be over baring - It comes across on-line but tends to be even stronger in person

I don;t think I would want to screw with any one else's energy fields. I am afraid it would be any thing BUT healing - I do a lot of shield work though sort of like being a guardian. There have been women who come up to me and go bonkers for a time just start spewing stuff out they didn;t know was n there - I don;t take it personally because it happens. Once the shadow stuff is out it can be dealt with.

It is like Negative or destructive energies I draw out in the open if it comes via spiritual realm I can make them go poof completely.

I deal with a lot of transitional energy mostly psychopomp work even before I knew they had a word for it. I would love to be on the other side some times but I do have a great deal of respect for all energy workers. I think the medical profession should be more open to these types of energy healing not as a replacement but as a complementary option to traditional medicine

i agree about 'messing' with energy fields - i worked with a Piute native medicine man from the pac nw - he taught me about being careful - much about securing my own field and grounding protecting and shielding releasing
all easy but so necessary
always ask permission to use the energies of the day - native ritual to begin and end - sacred space

and no one knows better than the self what will 'work'

i am studying energetic medicine on my own - chaotic electric and electric overload in particular

thanks Mead for correcting!!

meadd823
06-17-13, 08:22 PM
Here is another approach I should use more often myself - would be most helpful pre-meltdown but can be used afterwards :o

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X4EDgTc0AyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blanched Dubois
06-17-13, 08:24 PM
oh you rox babe - love Tapping - got Nick Ortner's cd back in 2010 to help me and kid deal with the trauma - i use it daily - probably kept me outta lots of trouble lol

very cool

meadd823
06-17-13, 08:31 PM
I never presume to dictate to another what will or will not work - I am still discovering this for myself.

Tapping and accupressure - good stuff = for me any way!

Chaotic electrical - there are medical devices that will not work if I am holding it in my hand. When I do patient's blood sugars with the glucometers I have to set them down on some thing other wise they will read wonky - It does great for "parlor tricks" not much use for medical purposes though.