View Full Version : Progress

Barbette
07-19-03, 09:00 PM
I had a "mail center" set up just like in the book. with clear slots and clear boxes built into clear bookends. A kewl item offered by AVON a number of years ago. I think the reason it stopped working was that it was the only step I had taken to getting organized and it eventually got buried in clutter. I feel I am ready to dust them off and set it up again. If I can only train folks to put the mail there instead of on the counter. or the table or the TV or one of the 2 computer desks, the book case or the dresser, etc..hehe, get the picture ? Looking around- Mail seems to be the one thing that is causing piles on all these surfaces.

joanrdtobe
07-20-03, 07:17 PM
How to get folks to put the mail where you want it? In the mail slots? You could write a BIG NOTE...."please leave mail in mail lots please...this means YOU":)

fasttalkingmom
07-20-03, 08:40 PM
I was thinking if something like that would work for me. I felt I'd put everything BUT mail in them. The launch pad idea I saw in the book really looks great and maybe I can add a mail center to it also....what do you think?.......... Right now mail goes on the computer table or the kitchen table and this does not work and looks awful........

In my house Joan I think this is what I'd hear " Ya, I did " or " I told Leah to do it".....lol....(my kids can ya tell?...lol...) If I had that kind of sign.....lol... :D

joanrdtobe
07-21-03, 06:05 PM
Okay, I hear ya Paula!!!:) (wishful thinking on my part, I guess:( )

fasttalkingmom
07-21-03, 07:38 PM
It was good advice Joan.... :cool:

Slowpoke
08-04-03, 10:26 PM
What page is the mail centre mentioned?
It would be helpful if everyone could start posting the page/chapter references, so people who havn`t read that part can read up.
It sounds intrigueing!
I struggle with keeping the mail in one place as well. 8 months later whe it`s time to move out, I`m still finding loose papers that I don`t need.

THanks!