View Full Version : HELP SOLVE ADD PROBLEMS! - Please read everyone

ADDarkD@y
06-20-13, 12:13 AM
Hi all. Like the rest of you I have been struggling all my life with ADD, and like many here I did not know (or admit) what was at the core of many of my difficulties until quite late, just a year ago in fact. Since this turning point I have resigned myself to overcome the ADD. I believe I have gained critical insight and success but I can't do this alone. I need help. From what I can tell, so does everyone else.

We could do it together. We don't need professionals or gurus to hand us the answers on a silver platter - because the fact is they don't really have anything adequate and we are truly on our own. If we team up and start experimenting we can create the solutions we need to the problems posed by ADD symptoms.This is an open solicitation to the entire forum to find the answers that millions of people desperately need. With all of the experience and creativity and intelligence that we possess (especially our older members), we are sure to succeed. Will you help me find the methods of thinking, working, and organizing, that, together with medications, will make US EFFECTIVE IN OUR LIVES?

If you are with me then please sign on below. Tell me what disorder you are concerned with primarily (ADD/ADHD-I, ADHD, or both) and list the things you are most interested in working on so we have a place to start. Also, please tell me if you would like to collaborate closely with me. I realize that not everyone is interested in developing solutions through systematic experiments as I propose to do with a core team of people. If this is not your bag of tea then that's fine.

I'll go first:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AdDarkD@y: I am mostly interested in ADD inattentive.

1. I want to work efficiently.
2. I want to work accurately.
3. I want to get places on time.

janiew
06-20-13, 12:31 AM
JanieW --

I'm not sure of my diagnosis at this point. My counselor thinks inattentive, not sure what pdoc thinks yet, I think combined because I've lived with my busy self for a long time.

I want to:

1) improve relationships
2) finish and start projects on time - work and home
3) show up on time

sarahsweets
06-20-13, 04:19 AM
im not sure i understand what you want to do.....

tudorose
06-20-13, 06:19 AM
This is too hard for me. It's easier if you ask one question at a time so we can give meaningful and thought out answers.

zannie
06-20-13, 06:33 AM
Zannie: add inattentive

1. organization skills
2. memory strategies
3. getting places on time

ADDarkD@y
06-20-13, 12:44 PM
Thanks for replying everyone. What I want to do is build a group of volunteers who are dedicated to solving the problems presented by ADD, such as organization, motivation, accuracy in activities requiring detail, and time management.

I envision that there will be two parts to this group, those people who would like to work closely with me on this project, and those who prefer to contribute in a more relaxed and intermittent manner. I am serious about designing experiments and testing out solutions. I have been doing it at work for 8 months with considerable success. I researched the theory of ADD from website resources and scientific papers (although I am still just a beginner in this) and I modified them with my own ideas, then I devised and implemented ways of working and thinking that are designed to solve specific problems as mentioned above.

Restless1
06-20-13, 01:31 PM
Not sure of your aims but it sounds like you could be trying to set up a wiki on ADHD. Is this your idea?

ADDarkD@y
06-20-13, 02:27 PM
Not sure of your aims but it sounds like you could be trying to set up a wiki on ADHD. Is this your idea?

That idea hadn't even crossed my mind but I think it is fantastic. Would you like to manage it?

bldt
06-25-13, 05:21 PM
Hi all. Like the rest of you I have been struggling all my life with ADD, and like many here I did not know (or admit) what was at the core of many of my difficulties until quite late, just a year ago in fact. Since this turning point I have resigned myself to overcome the ADD. I believe I have gained critical insight and success but I can't do this alone. I need help. From what I can tell, so does everyone else.

We could do it together. We don't need professionals or gurus to hand us the answers on a silver platter - because the fact is they don't really have anything adequate and we are truly on our own. If we team up and start experimenting we can create the solutions we need to the problems posed by ADD symptoms.This is an open solicitation to the entire forum to find the answers that millions of people desperately need. With all of the experience and creativity and intelligence that we possess (especially our older members), we are sure to succeed. Will you help me find the methods of thinking, working, and organizing, that, together with medications, will make US EFFECTIVE IN OUR LIVES?

If you are with me then please sign on below. Tell me what disorder you are concerned with primarily (ADD/ADHD-I, ADHD, or both) and list the things you are most interested in working on so we have a place to start. Also, please tell me if you would like to collaborate closely with me. I realize that not everyone is interested in developing solutions through systematic experiments as I propose to do with a core team of people. If this is not your bag of tea then that's fine.

I'll go first:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AdDarkD@y: I am mostly interested in ADD inattentive.

1. I want to work efficiently.
2. I want to work accurately.
3. I want to get places on time.

Have you watch the DR.Russell Barkley lecture title "2012 burnett lecture part 2 ADHD,Self-Regulation and Executive Function" on you tube.If not you should.Especially the ending,In which he basically stresses to the audience how ridiculous it is that ADHD is the most treatable disorder in psychiatry but the powers that be don't take it seriously enough.Which kind of falls in line with the message your trying to get out here.It really is very informative and inspiring for anybody like yourself and me with ADHD who feel that not enough is being done.
You definitely got my attention and support anyway I can.:goodpost:

ADDarkD@y
06-25-13, 05:36 PM
Have you watch the DR.Russell Barkley lecture title "2012 burnett lecture part 2 ADHD,Self-Regulation and Executive Function" on you tube.If not you should.Especially the ending,In which he basically stresses to the audience how ridiculous it is that ADHD is the most treatable disorder in psychiatry but the powers that be don't take it seriously enough.Which kind of falls in line with the message your trying to get out here.It really is very informative and inspiring for anybody like yourself and me with ADHD who feel that not enough is being done.
You definitely got my attention and support anyway I can.:goodpost:
Thanks! :thankyou: I am checking the video out right away!