View Full Version : Iīm so happy and daughter is walking on air

SquarePeg
06-21-13, 10:32 AM
As some of you know my 17 year old has had such a rough ride this past 4 years and this year being particularly hard with therapy, depression, anger and suicidal thoughts. Then came the ADHD diagnosis and she started concerta in September last.

By this time she had failed her first term of her final year. Due to her adhd she had already repeated 2 whole years and this was her last chance before being kicked out.
With the help of a wonderful teacher at the school (not even her own teacher) she got her into a modified program. A program that I had repeatedly requested but was denied on the grounds that my daughter was capable but didnīt want to work.

Anyway this last week, things were going great and then suddenly her history teacher tells her he made a mistake and she has to take an exam covering the term that she missed, after having told her she didnīt.

So she had 2 days to cover a whole term. History is one of her worst subjects. The exam took three hours followed by a chemistry exam.

Today is the last day of school she got the news that she passed every single subject with high marks. Itīs the first time in over 4 years that she has passed more than 2 subjects.

For the first time r she can enjoy the summer without summer school every single week and then retakes of failed exams in September.

She is walking on air and canīt quite believe it, she keeps making strange yaay noises as she keeps remembering that she is free.

She was also offered a job for the summer and is going to take driving lessons. Next week we will apply to different schools for the next 2 years of study.

She has come so far but without Concerta it would have been impossible. I am so happy for her, things looked so bleak six months ago, I really feared for her mental health.

I wish a happy stress free summer for kids, ADHD robs them of so much time. year that should be childish, carefree and happy are so full of worry and anxiety and thoughts of school school school and exams.

Hugs to all :grouphug:

Fuzzy12
06-21-13, 10:43 AM
That's absolutely fantastic. Well done Squarepeg Junior!!!

All of you, have a great summer!!

SquarePeg
06-21-13, 11:00 AM
thanks Fuzzy to take the time to post as I know you are having an absolutely sh**ty week. Hugs my friend. Thank crunchie its Friday :grouphug:

namazu
06-21-13, 11:03 AM
:yes: That's wonderful news, and a great start to summer break!

VeryTired
06-21-13, 11:05 AM
Hooray for your daughter's success, and your success in helping her though her hard year! And thank you so much for letting us share in the good news--it's great to hear how well the school year ended for her!

Rebelyell
06-21-13, 11:45 AM
Im so happy for both of you and proud of her.im sured it has saved your sanity her passin w high marks.Thats just it us adders walk such a fine line wether we nake it thru the fire or get burned.Everything is so always seemingly uncertain and peril w failure or success by the skin of our teeth. ONCE Again congrats and nice knowing its walking on air and nit eggshells.

stef
06-21-13, 12:12 PM
wonderful news!!!

Lunacie
06-21-13, 12:32 PM
:yes:

JenE
06-21-13, 01:13 PM
Fantastic news! I know you all are so happy!!!

pooka
06-21-13, 04:41 PM
That's awesome! So happy for her! I'm the same age and starting driving lessons too this summer, much to my mom's combined relief (that she won't have to chauffeur me anymore) and terror :p

someothertime
06-21-13, 04:48 PM
Truly wonderful achievement, congratulations to her ( and that helpfull teacher ;) ) and you too.

donnzmail
06-21-13, 05:04 PM
that's fantastic what a happy ending, so glad some teachers are caring compassionate and supportive there is not enough of them though so happy for u both xx

Rebelyell
06-21-13, 08:37 PM
So true w having not enough great teachers.this calls for a celebration!Party at squares house:D ill bring da beer lol