View Full Version : The F Word...

MellyFishButt
06-26-13, 06:23 PM
I have been experiencing mental stuff (dep/anx, panic attacks, ADHD) for the last 1.5 years. Once I got the mental part 'taken care of' - ie taking every medication ever created, I started having back problems. The pain keeps traveling and I thought I was getting better because the pain began to stay in mostly two spots: my right shoulder/neck and the right side if my spine in the thoracic region.

I began doing trigger point injections last week and was excited about the results. The day after and the next two days thereafter my shoulder was fabulous. I was so excited and claimed that the $150 out of pocket portion of the procedure was worth it. Then I woke up Saturday with a 'rash' that basically looked like spots where my blood vessels had burst. It was peculiar and four days later it was gone. There was no pain/ itch, nor was it raised. The day after it showed up I got a new symptom, all over skin pain. It just feels like I am bruised everywhere but it's mostly concentrated on my trunk and legs.

I shared this with my PM doc yesterday for my second trigger injection and he said 'well we discussed at the beginning of your treatment that you could be developing fibromyalgia. (He never said that, btw.) And it has floored me since. I am just thisclose to crying anytime. I really don't want this (not that anybody does!), and I am just so ****** off at my job because the only reason my mental and physical ailments started was likely do to work related stress. Well, and life stress, I'm not going to lie. But if my work/job hadn't been so demanding I sincerely doubt I would be in this place.

Historically, my uncle has lupus and I have two second cousins with fibro. Other than that, I don't think I have any other pain related ailments in my family.

Do any of you know people who 'developed' fibro or started going down the world of fibro and was able to stop the advancement?

MellyFishButt
06-26-13, 06:25 PM
Oh and I have my right arm in a sling now because the trigger injection did NOT work right for some reason. My pain is twice as bad and I can't get the staff at my pain mgt office to call me back. So if anybody had had a bad reaction to trigger injection, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

SquarePeg
06-27-13, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear this, stress can be the trigger and I know you have been through a lot of stress lately. I had CFS (still have though manageable) but I had no idea how to treat it or what to do.

Now I know better I would say, take it easy, donīt try to push yourself past this and mentally conquer it. Take it easy, maybe some therapy. I hope it doesnīt get any worse.

MellyFishButt
06-27-13, 04:12 PM
Ditto! I feel okay today. I (quite stupidly) fell asleep with my heating pad wrapped around my shoulder. Thank god it was on low. But I woke up and it's 50% better. I also used a massage bar from Lush called Wiccy that has cinnamon in it so it could have been that. Either way, it helped tremendously and I will probably do it again tonight after I finish packing.

In case anybody is curious about the contents of the massage bar: http://m.lushusa.com/Wiccy-Magic-Muscles/00253,en_US,pd.html