View Full Version : Most ignorant remark in recent times

Flory
06-28-13, 08:54 AM
So my mum has this life long friend who's never had a problem in schooling excelled with two masters degrees and ba's et cetera but has spent her life having various therapies (literally her entire adult life) she is )60 odd she has had a happy and successful life free of any major disorder or illness but she collected therapists like it was a hobby, anyway suddenly she decided she was dyslexic (despite having no problem in the areas dyslexics are affected ) she has the nerve to say in front of me and my mum knowing the struggles I've had In Finishing high school let alone however many degrees it is she has, that at Lear I can take medicine for my ADHD unlike her dyslexia :/ which doesn't seem to impair her at all ......Ffs

That's some ignorant BS if ever I've heard it

Flory
06-28-13, 08:57 AM
Would also like to note I'm not diminishing dyslexia at all (when someone actually has it) it is obviously a struggle I'm also dyspraxia so whilst I don't have some of the same components to my disorder as a dyslexic does I can empathise

SquarePeg
06-28-13, 09:00 AM
This comment is best ignored, despite her academic success and lack of disasters she is not a happy bunny in any way shape or form.

Donīt worry her dyslexia will "pass" and she will come up with something else. x

Flory
06-28-13, 09:01 AM
She disorder shops it would seem

Raye
06-28-13, 09:17 AM
From what you say, it's most likely she is just seeking attention.

tudorose
06-28-13, 09:19 AM
Or that she simply hasn't had to struggle enough to bother thinking about how such comments can be downright offensive.

Flory
06-28-13, 09:24 AM
Every time I hear something like that it stings a little it feels like my struggles are being undermined and I'm sure you can all relate

tudorose
06-28-13, 09:26 AM
Yeah I think Fuzzy described it as "Trivialising and dismissive". I totally agree.

Flory
06-28-13, 09:32 AM
I sometimes wish I could carry dr Barkley in my purse and get him out on occasions like this ;) like a mega creative way of telling people to go f**k themselves

DcGonzo
06-28-13, 09:59 AM
I want to know where she shops as I would like to order a disorder, can you order a disorder online?

Fuzzy12
06-28-13, 10:17 AM
I hate when people think there's a competition about who has drawn the toughest lot. At least you can get medication???? Isn't it bad enough that you have to get medication?? And does that have to do with her dyslexia, imagined or not.

Grr..ignore her:mad:

Fraser_0762
06-28-13, 10:34 AM
She needs medication alright.

Unfortunately, there's no current medication for ignorance.

SquarePeg
06-28-13, 10:39 AM
Perhaps you could tell her f**k off you old bat and then say "how to you spell it, oh sorry you wouldnīt know you are dyslexic, so I shall spell it for you".

Ha ha Iīm being childish.

PS people Iīm not making fun of dyslexia, my son has it as well as ADHD and at the moment it is a big problem.

sarahsweets
06-28-13, 04:27 PM
Tell her this:

" I googled who gives a f**k"
"my name was not in the search results."

dresser
06-29-13, 02:58 AM
people like that a? I get the urge to ***s down there legs as Im smiling at them but my bladder is not what it used to be. the sad part is they get away with that ***t N that they are entitled to be that wayGGGGGG to hell with the cost I'm getting a new bladder

Flory
06-29-13, 06:41 AM
I want to know where she shops as I would like to order a disorder, can you order a disorder online?

For 29.95 you can order your very own dsm an diagnose yourself with whatever takes your fancy ;)

Flory
06-29-13, 06:49 AM
Lol dresser that was f**king charming, don't ever change ;) my ultimate aim in life is to just stick it to as many ignorant idiots as possible, maybe I need to warm up on her .this isn't the first Incident with her, she gripes and moans to my mum continuously about her struggle with dyslexia and although my mum does care for her as a friend it really rubs her up the wrong way, without the 'my life is harder than hers' speech there have been times when my mum and family have feared I won't make it and in all honesty they still feel that way at times so to hear this lady harping on really upsets my mum also, should of seen her face when she came out with that little gem though mums lips pursed up and she gave me the glance of 'This b!tch !!!'

dresser
06-29-13, 11:54 AM
hugs to N for mom N you. that kind of attitude needs to be add resd mmm lololol just noticed the word addressd and ADD is addressing it lololo sternly forcefully and with consequences, there by nipping thing in the budd. would lead to lessening the volume and degree of violence and anger. AAu But societys knobbs-polotics-and the PROFESSIONALS would be out on their pompuss but bare boned LONG eared *SS*S
and making the same nonsencical sounds(EEau EEau) as their four legged counter parts. ya know I will see those kind of people that way from now on =a donkey sitting up on his rectum?? front legs outstretched and going EEau EEau EEau. lolololo
the giggle I'll get will give me time to remove some of the sting of the comment and drive them crazy at the same time. stay well both of yoozz O dose IT stand for Ignorant titts?? Idont know what IT is

SquarePeg
06-29-13, 01:03 PM
As I mum I wouldnīt have been able to tolerate that comment and would put my friend straight.

mctavish23
06-29-13, 09:09 PM
(Consider the Source Here) :D

If I were you (i.e., Flory), I'd be tempted to say ...

"Yeah, but at least I'm hot AND a BBB (black belt babe)." :yes:

Okay, Okay, U R too nice to say that to your mum's friend :rolleyes:

So tell her I said it :p

u r welcome :cool:

MellyFishButt
06-29-13, 10:00 PM
Common sense is not so common. Eff her.

Fraser_0762
06-29-13, 10:03 PM
Okay, Okay, U R too nice to say that to your mum's friend :rolleyes:

She really isn't. :D

Crazygirl79
07-05-13, 10:00 AM
The best thing to do would be to completely ignore her ignorance because that's all it is and just remember that her ignorance is a far bigger impairment than any condition you've ever been diagnosed with!

Do not resort to telling her to "f**k off" and the like and seriously try not to engage in petty and childish insults or ridicule as that will only serve to make you look as ignorant as she is...which I don't think you are!! Beside people who do what she does have serious problems and her seemingly perfect life may not be so perfect after all...otherwise why would she come out and claim she has some disorder that she supposedly doesn't even have?!

You are better than that Flory and you are better than this woman too by the sounds of it...

Sel xx

Stevuke79
07-05-13, 10:43 AM
Would also like to note I'm not diminishing dyslexia at all (when someone actually has it) it is obviously a struggle I'm also dyspraxia so whilst I don't have some of the same components to my disorder as a dyslexic does I can empathise

The most "instructed" (I don't call them educated) people on the planet with the most degrees comprise their fair share of the ignorant asses of this world.

I wouldn't take it personally very often people who have had great luck feel that the one thing they've lacked is a struggle... So they find one and boast loudly about it.