View Full Version : new ADDer

daydreamer634
02-15-05, 03:56 PM
Hi, i'm Paul 55 from Nova Scotia, Canada and i have ADD. Picked up a copy of Lazy Stupid and Crazy at a yard sale last summer and just now finished reading it.I felt that way for i dont know how long, so next step is the doc and then meds and support. my wife is very supportive but i will need other help to change my way of dealing with this. I know this forum will help.

Nucking_Futs
02-15-05, 04:46 PM
Welcome Paul,

Don't fret I was dx'd later in life and I've learned how to manage my life. I believe my first step was to figure out my strengths and weakness' and how to use one to overcompensate for the other.

Meds can be very helpful I hear, I have yet to try them but they have worked wonders for my son.

Good luck and don't forget to check out some of the threads on other ways to manage ADD along with meds to ensure an easier life.

Hugs,
Cherity

Ian
02-15-05, 06:07 PM
Welcome!
I'm a later in lifer too. I'm south in Manitoba. Glad you could make it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a line.
Ian.

fasttalkingmom
02-15-05, 07:39 PM
Hi, i'm Paul 55 from Nova Scotia, Canada and i have ADD. Picked up a copy of Lazy Stupid and Crazy at a yard sale last summer and just now finished reading it.I felt that way for i dont know how long, so next step is the doc and then meds and support. my wife is very supportive but i will need other help to change my way of dealing with this. I know this forum will help.

Welcome...... I liked that book.

I'm from the states but my Dad and his family are from Nova Scotia !

Fast Talker
06-21-05, 10:18 PM
Paul:

What's goin' on??!! Fast Talker here from Nova Scotia. I have been wanting to read that book myself. Man is it good to see the mainlanders here. Welcome aboard! Maybe we can pick up some of the Cape Bretoner's too there ehh? The forum is the best place you can be for support when you think you are all alone. We are all here. Best of luck.

crime_scene
06-22-05, 12:58 AM
Hi Paul, welcome to another fellow Canadian, hope you enjoy our forums.

cs

Lithium Baby
06-22-05, 01:22 AM
Hi Paul. I'm not a Canadian but boy do I know how to Canuck....
Lame joke but someone had to do it! Welcome to my nightmare!

Imnapl
06-22-05, 01:28 AM
Hi Paul,
Welcome. There are real Canadians and those who want to be. :D

Gourmet
06-22-05, 02:17 AM
Hi Paul. welcome:)
I am not Canadian...but I like it here anyway.:D
Hope you get some good information....I know you will get the support!

~gourmet~